Phallic plummet from Maine

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this a few years back and i really never quite figure out what I had...I always figured it to be some sort of pendent..It appears to be made of slate...It is broken on one end which would probably have had another (head) for the lack of a better term....It is triangular and each side has a vertical grooves running the length...strange little bugger to say the least...mjm IMG_20180731_114803.jpg

Upvote 0

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, it's great when you have the AH HA moment! Thanks for showing it off!

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this a few years back and i really never quite figure out what I had...I always figured it to be some sort of pendent..It appears to be made of slate...It is broken on one end which would probably have had another (head) for the lack of a better term....It is triangular and each side has a vertical grooves running the length...strange little bugger to say the least...mjm View attachment 1617485

Definitely unique and phallic. We have phallic plummets here to, I have found a couple where vertical grooves meet horizontal grooves like yours. heck of a find!!!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unique find. You said its slate, but could it possibly be wood?
Funny how it looks just like the end of a long or recurve bow, where the bowstring would attach to the limb.

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about not including a size reference...It's three and a quarter inches long and a half inch wide...and now that I look at it closer it is four sided with grooves on all sides...mjm

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20180731_153019.jpg you can see where one piece is broke off that divides the two sides.....this is the second plummet that I have found that has no beneficial use as a weight what so ever...mjm

Last edited:
OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20180731_154012.jpg it's hard to get a good picture and no it's not wood...mjm

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir not any type of bannerstone..mjm

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not folded over its missing a thin piece right there that would have separated the sides..mjm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread