Found a couple today

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a gorgeous day on the river and I was happy to be out and happy to find a couple points. I pulled right up to the first one and took an insitu. The white quartz was a mile or so downriver and I didn't get my phone out as I had to reach up onto someone's beach (I believe it was below low tide!). This second location used to be fantastic. Then the land was developed, the bank bulldozed
and rip-rap installed. That was the end - except an occasional point churned up in a storm. Anyway - it was glorious out on the water today.

az2.JPG

az5.JPG

az3.JPG

az4.JPG not the location - just my view from home a few miles away

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ! What would they hunt near there?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome finds.Congrats.:icon_thumright:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds cool shark tooth you know what kind ? , it was a nice day I made it out on the boat but tide was too high at all the good spots.

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds cool shark tooth you know what kind ? , it was a nice day I made it out on the boat but tide was too high at all the good spots.

Auriculatus carcharodon - I think. It's weird, there are a lot of them around me but 20 miles downriver there are none of these but a lot of megalodons. I do like finding fossils. If I am coming up dry on artifacts I start looking for fossils. It's hard to look for both at the same time - I usually find neither if I'm not focusing on one or the other. Glad you got out - sorry about the tide, but you never know what might be uncovered higher up.

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ! What would they hunt near there?

Do you mean the Native Americans? They had villages/camps all over around here due to being on the water. I wish I knew some more spots as I'm sure there are tons that I don't know about.

Oh. just re-read. They would fish, farm and hunt game. A trifecta!

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome finds. Congrats!

StoneHunter

May 7, 2013
NoVa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Shorewalker! I love the view also, makes me wish I hadn't sold my boat!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaut of a spot and finds to.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye. Great spot. Nice finds. I like the tooth. Congrats

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice megladon! Thatā€™s about the size of the biggest one Iā€™ve found.... found it way south of me at Calvert cliffs .... this summer is the first year in prob 15 years we didnā€™t stay at the cabins for a few days ..... it was missed for sure

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice megladon! Thatā€™s about the size of the biggest one Iā€™ve found.... found it way south of me at Calvert cliffs .... this summer is the first year in prob 15 years we didnā€™t stay at the cabins for a few days ..... it was missed for sure

I've never been to Calvert Cliffs but have seen a bunch of youtube videos of people finding amazing meg teeth there. I've always enjoyed fossils and have recently starting collecting them again. I bet the cabins are fun! You should hit Calvert in the winter (I learned this on youtube).

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Meg is amazing! Arrow - I PMā€™d you when you have a moment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions