cave dwelling update

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
Here is a couple more. You guys are very encouraging. Nice forum. My wife is a member of a bird forum and it is worse than Desperate House wives. A lot of drama. Made me nervous to get into a forum. Anyway enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I'm not into the native American artifacts as such... but your pics are intriguing! You have found a cave dwelling and these points came from there? That's very cool... tell me what you think the bottom item is... a rib?

BobTheBaitFish

Jul 13, 2007
Highland, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett CXII
Bird forum? My wife used to like putting broken pottery shards back together. If you haven't tried it before all you need are some bowls of rice, some painters or masking tape, some elmer's glue, water, a tooth brush, and a bunch of shards. Here's a page I believe describes it. I'm not sure as I didn't take the time to read it, but it should put you on the right trail. http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/intrigue/2.9

My wife and finds from a cahokian site about 5 years and 3 kids ago.

Attachments

• wife.jpg
    wife.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 309

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
I'm not into the native American artifacts as such... but your pics are intriguing! You have found a cave dwelling and these points came from there? That's very cool... tell me what you think the bottom item is... a rib?

Jim, sharpened bones & antler tips were used
as 'awls', for punching holes in hide, or leather.
I traded for one from AR, that was found in the 1930's by a guys
dad, it had been chewed by rats, (teeth marks) on it.

Fossis..............

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christ_in_you said:
Here is a couple more. You guys are very encouraging. Nice forum. My wife is a member of a bird forum and it is worse than Desperate House wives. A lot of drama. Made me nervous to get into a forum. Anyway enjoy the pics.

Good finds, don't feel lonesome on the
"bird forum' , all my wife watches is HGTV, she is currently redoing
an old house, all by herself, (I mow the lawn). :P

Fossis..............

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Christ_in_you said:
Nice finds. Sure looks like Ohio finds,I could stick them in one of my display case,s and they would blend in well with my adena,s. Jeff

OP
OP
Christ_in_you

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
Hey Jeff. I grew up in Arkansas, but I lived in Ohio and met my wife there. I had know idea at the time what a wealth of artifact hunting is available there. My wife said when she was a teenager she husked corn and found all kinds of artifacts. Stinking ex-husbands..LOL I also wish I would have fossil hunted at Clifton Gorge. Well, thanks for the reply. Ray

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
fossis said:
Christ_in_you said:

Good finds, don't feel lonesome on the
"bird forum' , all my wife watches is HGTV, she is currently redoing
an old house, all by herself, (I mow the lawn). :P

Fossis..............

Fossis I love your wife ;D HGTV is my favorite and I am looking for an old house to restore ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread