IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0922181248a~2.jpg 0922181247a-1.jpg 0922181248.jpg 0922181108b.jpg 0922181108.jpg So, the water where I usually hunt has finally lowered enough to hunt for points in my best spot. I got out and right away I found the basalt Pelican Lake point, and two feet away was the broken drill, my first. Later, I saw the base of a point and when I saw it I was bummed it wasn't whole, looked to my left a foot, and saw the rest of it! I think it's an Eden! I can barely see and feel the "ears" on it, and the base is ground all the way around! Spook bummed it's broken, but when I saw the flaking and the material it STILL made my heart pound! Let me know if you guys think it's an Eden! Seeing this kind of stuff makes me anxious thinking what I could potentially find in this spot! I still have a lot of shoreline to check in the next few weeks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some in situ pics of my basalt point and my drill, but I can't get them to upload for some reason......:dontknow:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like one to me but I’m no expert at all. Congratulations on a beautiful 8000 year old or probably older point. Hopefully it will restore well. That is an amazing find!!! I sure hope that lake shows you some more!!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A winner anyway.:coffee2:

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
No doubt about that being a Cody Complex projectile.

Beautiful workmanship and beautiful material.
I’d be very happy with that find regardless of the damage. Very few members on this forum will ever find one of those.

Attachments

• Cody Montana1b.jpg
    Cody Montana1b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of both sides cleaned up. 0923181342.jpg 0923181342b.jpg So, do you guys think that an Eden is the right classification for it? Haven't gotten a chance to get some Elmers glue to match it up yet. Do you guys think it's worth having restored? And who would I go to to get it done? Thanks all for your replies!

Last edited:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like Eden , the flaking on that point is unreal , how lucky to find both pieces .... must have just broke , makes you wonder how??

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow lucky you even if dinged a little,snapped part looks like it would fit cleanly together. Gotta be Eden or in that family . Would look cool with a complete tip but you are probably not missing a lot, up to you. I would glue two halves together,I'm thatta way, and then you would be able to handle it easier while you decide. I have heard of Dr. Gomer and seen his work online.Work is reversible and is nicely done. Also there are the Westfalls although not sure how much they do in repairs versus casts. How long is it,wait let me guess-3 5/8". Great piece and that means there might be more like it too in that camp, just like you're thinking.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
My personal opinion is that I wouldn’t restore it. (Glue it together, absolutely.)

I’ve used Dr Gomer before and love his work, but points like yours are beautiful as is in my mind. The tip might be a bit of a chisle tip (squared vs pointed) or it might be a bit of damage from hitting ancient bone. Either way it tells a story.

Also I tend to think restored points are at least half restored, your point would be really minimal restoration but I think people would assume more than that if you didn’t show a before and after.

Ozarkshunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2014
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
white's mxt pro and fisher cz-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to break it to you but that might still be the point of your lifetime. Congrats on an absolute stellar point. I'd still be 99 percent versus 100 percent ecstatic over a find like that. Obviously is Eden or Scottsbluff.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
So, do you guys think that an Eden is the right classification for it? Haven't gotten a chance to get some Elmers glue to match it up yet. Do you guys think it's worth having restored? And who would I go to to get it done? Thanks all for your replies!

If I found it I would have no problem with calling it an Eden. The precise serial horizontal pressure flaking on your specimen is what one would expect to see on a well-made Eden.

Again, if mine I would certainly glue the two pieces back together. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to the restoration of missing parts and that is fine. My own preference is to not let someone use their imagination to fabricate a missing base or tip section. In addition, if a tip is damaged due to an impact fracture it would be a real shame to cover up the evidence of that point being damaged during a hunt.

Last edited:

NEPA History

Apr 12, 2018
Wyoming Valley, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spectacular find, look at that flaking! Looks like it fits in the Eden type, that flaking is pretty diagnostic of the type. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0922181107~2.jpg 0922181108a~2.jpg Thanks for all the nice replies! I am going to use some Elmers glue to put it together. I think that is all I will do to it. I finally figured out how to get my other in situ pics to work, here they are!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the story of 2018 for me but I never hardly ever find the other half. Just finding both pieces of it especially in a creek is amazing the point is a great find to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread