Need some help proving I am not crazy

Rock Steady

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2018
Western Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everybody,

This is my first post here on Treasure Net and after looking all over the site, I gotta tel you this is quite some place. Talk about Digger Heaven, Man. Anyway, Wife says I cant bring any more rocks into the house until I can prove to her that at least some of what I have found over the past 4-5 years is worth saving, and may actually have a slight monetary value as well. Help me out Guys, I cant imagine a life without Diggin. As we all know, you dont have to find alot to keep the fever burning. Here is the first of what i hope will be many request for your help.

This is the first piece I found that made me stop and look around a bit better. Its really weathered and there seems to be a place where it was tied on to something as it looks more worn around the mid section. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• stone war axe-1.jpg
    stone war axe-1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 158
  • stone war club.jpg
    stone war club.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 129
  • War Club 1.jpg
    War Club 1.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a picture of the "notch" from the side looking directly into the notch and one looking at the big end from straight on?

OP
OP
R

Rock Steady

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2018
Western Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Indian Steve, Thanks for the shout back. I tried to magnify the pix as best as I could. See if these help. If not I will get some more and post them later. Thanks again for your help.
Rock First find3.jpg First find4.jpg First find5.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this one is natural. I see no use as a hammerstone and without an edge, not an ax.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a self certified expert in dragging stuff home. I have the papers to prove it!!!!

What you have there is extremely rare and invaluable! I'd put that right in the center of the living room! Maybe even in a glass coffee table.

Tell her...My rocks or a motorcycle in the living room? Which one do you want? :laughing7: Your wifes lucky! She should see what my wife had to deal with dragging in the house. My wife collects rocks so...That part isn't an issue here...I'm usually the one saying"can we put some of these in the garage?"

I honestly have no idea what you have there. I just saw the thread title and laughed. It does look like a rough tool, and I would have grabbed it too, but I know little on this subject.

Last edited:

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just a rock no signs of pecking keep looking! Get you some books on Indian artifacts!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Rock Steady. Glad to have you with us.

I see no signs of human alteration or usage of that stone. It looks like natural erosion to me.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys, gals too!!! your not helping with the whole wife thing! Us collectors are supposed to back each other up on this kind of stuff! geeeezz It's written in the collector code of rock ethics!:laughing7:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
you guys, gals too!!! your not helping with the whole wife thing! Us collectors are supposed to back each other up on this kind of stuff! geeeezz It's written in the collector code of rock ethics!:laughing7:

Hmmm.

I didn't get the message or read the book.

Good thing I didn't call it natural.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My vote natural.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. I’m no rock expert but looks natural to me too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet!

No signs of being worked by man visible in pictures. Sorry but natural rock.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've thrown back more convincing looking artifacts. You are looking for the right stuff obviously. Keep at it. I've never found an arrow head but I have stepped right on one that my friend picked out of my footprint.

OP
OP
R

Rock Steady

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2018
Western Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,
thanks a million for your quick reply. Well at least you could see why I pick it up. I have about 500 more that I hope you will enjoy seeing. I will start another post with new stones soon. Again to all who answered, thank you for the kind and informative answer and for taking the time to help. And please forgive my late response. I got called away shortly after posting the original message and could not respond. Usually I will be waiting for an answer ....and hoping. Bye for now.

Friends in stone,
Rock I

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nitric is the only one who perceived that for what it is. I would say it's more possibly a Viking artifact, since you're in Michigan, and deserves a little more research. Not really, but run that one by the missus. Just a rock buddy, but I drag home stuff that's just a rock all the time, so I'm with you.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Very Old , Very Weathered Ax Head to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread