Largest Triangle Knife I Have Ever Found

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found hunting creek in Central Missouri in the late 1990s.

Triangle Knife2.jpg Triangle Knife.jpg

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s different looking really cool , looks like some nice flaking all the way around it . How do you think they held it ? Handle or just maybe a leather wrap

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s different looking really cool , looks like some nice flaking all the way around it . How do you think they held it ? Handle or just maybe a leather wrap
Flaking does go all away around it and no point for hafting, I think it was held by hand. There is some very small damage to a couple places top of triangle is one, but over all it is in good condition.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool find thete Well done

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have imagined someone being scalped with it and it would not be fun.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice!!

What part of Central Missouri did you artifact hunt? I'm just wondering if some of mine are from some of the same areas and tributaries as yours... or close to anyway.

I've got a few artifacts from Missouri...Admittedly I'm not as knowledgeable about some of them as you guys are. I creek and ford hunt rivers and go in the fields after turning.

Kace

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!

What part of Central Missouri did you artifact hunt? I'm just wondering if some of mine are from some of the same areas and tributaries as yours... or close to anyway.

I've got a few artifacts from Missouri...Admittedly I'm not as knowledgeable about some of them as you guys are. I creek and ford hunt rivers and go in the fields after turning.

Kace

I hunted a lot along the I-70 corridor between St Louis and Kansas City, Boone, Callaway, Saline, Cooper, Howard, Montgomery, were my primary areas. I lived in Columbia and hunted the surrounding counties a lot. I use to work in St Charles but lived in Columbia and would stop a lot on the way home on the weekends to also hunt.

This one was found in Callaway county.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt more west of those areas, but some of the stuff like your triangle knife looks very similar to some of mine in the way they were made.

I've hunted Kansas, Arkansas and West Virginia some as well as the Jackson County and SWMO counties. There's some Indian mounds down there... but being superstitious I stay pretty clear of those. lol!

You've got some Really Nice artifacts!

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread