rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you guys and gals had the latest hurricane come through your area so check in and let us know you made it okay. I was actually on vacation in Florida when it 1st got noticed and had to cut it short to make it back home the day before it hit. Glad I did now after viewing the destruction on the weather channel. I got stuck in some terrible traffic around Atlanta on the way back all stop and go for a 100 miles took forever to get home but made it safe. Check in please, rock
Just to make this an artifact related post I did pick up this nice blade from Albany GA at a antique store it goes in my purchase frame of points. The 2 tan ones are from there the other is a TN.

Attachments

• SDC13303.JPG
    SDC13303.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • SDC13307.JPG
    SDC13307.JPG
    935.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have family in Bainbridge and called them last night, it is a mess, the phones work but the power isn't expected to be on until Tuesday so we may not hear from Tnet folks down that way for a while.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eye passed about 30 miles south of us, and that little bit of distance made all the difference in the world in wind speed which was bad enough as it was. We were out most of the day Thursday clearing trees out of the roadways. On the personal side, a heap of leaf and limb litter to clean up, but I'll take that over a tree cutting my house or shop in two any day. I had two very large trees fall, both away from the shop and into the woods. I literally got down on my knees to thank the good Lord when I got out to my shop, because I had spent nearly two days trying to prepare for the worst.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eye passed about 30 miles south of us, and that little bit of distance made all the difference in the world in wind speed which was bad enough as it was. We were out most of the day Thursday clearing trees out of the roadways. On the personal side, a heap of leaf and limb litter to clean up, but I'll take that over a tree cutting my house or shop in two any day. I had two very large trees fall, both away from the shop and into the woods. I literally got down on my knees to thank the good Lord when I got out to my shop, because I had spent nearly two days trying to prepare for the worst.

I hope you get it all cleaned up glad it wasnt worse. In Florida one spun a big Tornado and it destroyed my neighbors home and tore a screen on my house. If you have ever been in Florida the homes are close together like 20-30 ft from the roof tops. It was quite scary to say the least. I hope others chime in soon.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We’re a bit beat up with some damage to the house and about ten pine trees down. But! We are all alive. Compared to others we were lucky. There are a lot of homes totaled out in the Albany Georgia area. I’m currently still without power and water.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bites, Jim. It was bad enough going without lights for 42 hours, and that's with a generator and city water! Guess I'm gettin' soft...

As an addendum, I measured the pine that fell away from the shop. 21' still standing, and a full 100' laying on the ground, although it was only 32" in diameter at chest high. You could still see where it broke way up in the top from an ice storm when I was a baby 58 years ago. Hated to lose it, but better that than my late daddy's shop. At least there's still two just like it on either side.

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the same area as GaRebel1861. I got my power back Saturday evening and internet last night. My house escaped damage but a large pine fell on my shop. I almost lost my GTO when it fell. An old parts car parked behind the shop took part of the hit and caused he tree to roll to the side enough to miss the main part of the shop. I may have to keep that old car now unless code enforcement makes me get rid of it!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The power is finally back on. The linemen crew have done an awesome job in our community. I did make contact with one of my fellow artifact hunters here locally and learned that a big pine tree crashed through his home and his display cabinet took a direct hit breaking and scattering his collection of points and fossils. There’s no insurance amount that can replace his finds being lost.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The power is finally back on. The linemen crew have done an awesome job in our community. I did make contact with one of my fellow artifact hunters here locally and learned that a big pine tree crashed through his home and his display cabinet took a direct hit breaking and scattering his collection of points and fossils. There’s no insurance amount that can replace his finds being lost.

Glad you're back on, but I'm mighty sorry about your buddy. That's a nightmare that none of us want to hear about.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there still anyone missing or is our family of S GA people accounted for in the artifact forum? Sorry to hear of the loss Ive been through it many times in Florida hope not to experience it again hope you dont either, rock

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there still anyone missing or is our family of S GA people accounted for in the artifact forum? Sorry to hear of the loss Ive been through it many times in Florida hope not to experience it again hope you dont either, rock

We got real lucky and had no fatalities in our county. No one is reported missing. Lots of destroyed homes and our 911 tower went to the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread