Motley day!

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found several good peices today, but the motleys blew me away. I found them about 20 ft apart within 5 minutes of each other. You could call these heartbreakers because of the tip damage but they made me pretty dang happy. 1021181756c.jpg 1021181757a.jpg 1021181759c.jpg 1021181759.jpg 1021181753a.jpg 1021181754d.jpg

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great day , so what’s the piece in last pic and also what’s the point in group pic closest to the big chunk or core of the red rock maybe jasper or flint but the grey flint point looks nice the squared base looks older ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540166823.898516.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im not sure arrow, it is different for sure, the flaking on it isnt anything special though. The last picis a piece of shaped hematite I think. It has facets to it, looks like its been in fire.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the chunk of hematite have an edge? It looks like a small celt from here.

You had a fine day of walking there, congrats.

Definitely looks like something of that nature but is that material hard enough for that looks softer either way I’d be hanging onto it

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It just looks that way in that pic Joshua, it it squared off on the end and it is a hard material arrow I could be wrong on what it is exactly though, but it has certainly been worked into shape and is an artifact.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont see a thing in those finds I wouldnt of been thrilled to find. Liking the Hematite piece might be some kind of tie on item. We need more pics of it all sides, rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chisel comes to mind on the red one but still uncertain also I am not that far from you and have never found a Motley but do want to there nice

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great finds.Congrats

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the red piece is a paintrock, at least that is what I have heard people call them . I have another one in my collection that my brother found, I will post some pics of it too if I can find it.Thanks for the comments. I have seen some hematite celts found here, I think I posted a pic of one a freind of mine found.It was huge. This piece I found doesnt have a bit end on it ,its flat on the edges, I think that line across the bottom was scribed on there not a plow mark.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the red piece is a paintrock, at least that is what I have heard people call them . I have another one in my collection that my brother found, I will post some pics of it too if I can find it.Thanks for the comments. I have seen some hematite celts found here, I think I posted a pic of one a freind of mine found.It was huge. This piece I found doesnt have a bit end on it ,its flat on the edges, I think that line across the bottom was scribed on there not a plow mark.

I agree. I find a bunch of them here in my area too. Great looking finds. That was a very productive hunt.

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you think those two are motleys? That was what I thought as soon as I found them. Motleys are a pretty rare find around here but I know of at least one which was. These would be my first ones I think, if thats what they are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread