HOORAY!!My first real GA finds

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Went to an area today that I've been looking at for 3 months now started poking around in a 4 foot trench with cliff sides and found a ton of material a few broken pieces of pottery a nice hand tool,a couple broken blades,AND THEN THESE!!about 2 feet below the modern dirt,soil,root layer and the grind stone was sitting on top of the bowl.When I hit the hand stone first,I thought for a second to discard it,but noticed the wear and the out of place material it was made of and decided to keep it.When I stuck my knife back in I hit the bowl and after struggling to free it I couldn't believe it.This area has more material then I've every seen in one place,and large enough to probably spend the rest of my life hunting it.Next time I'll bring my camera and get a couple pics of the place.I'm going back tomorrow. HH!!

Attachments

• 100_0402.jpg
    100_0402.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 100_0404.jpg
    100_0404.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 0
OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks Hoss! I can't wait to find out myself.I've been researching the area for awhile now,but finally decided to try this spot.The best part is I found everything in 1 small spot and about 45 minutes total hunt time.I've never anything in that little time. HH!!

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
hi i really like this kind of thing,that is so neat.If you get the chance go on just

images and look under countrygrammy tell me what you think this is.Im new to posting

things on here so please excuse me.I want to know if you think indians made this.

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Countrygrammy,the picture is a little blurry,I can't tell if it's bone or rock.Try to take another picture and post it again.

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
hi this is countrygrammy ,it is rock.i'm just learning to put things on here

today.It was found near a creek here in missouri.Its about three and

1/2 by three inches.I thought it maybe a stone marker of some kind.

Thank you for your reply

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
PHH you are on to some interesting finds with more to follow. You said that the grinder was found in situ on top of the bowl...that might suggest that the camp was abandoned in a hurry,
but heavy items like grinders were probably left and new ones fashioned or reused at the next location. Keep at it!

P

pickaway

Nice finds...The material on the 3 peices man i swear it looks like flint ridge from Ohio.Congrats

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks Rege!!Thats an interesting point about them leaving quick.I never really put it together to understand why some artifacts were left like that,but that makes sense.I hope to be posting alot more finds soon.HH!!

Thanks Pickaway,When I go back sometime this week,I'll get more variety of material and take pics of the area.The amount of material blew my mind.Some of the most colorful I've ever seen too.I did get a few pieces and chunks though.HH!!

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
pickaway said:
Nice finds...The material on the 3 peices man i swear it looks like flint ridge from Ohio.Congrats
Iwas thinking the exact same thing before I read your post. Nice finds PH .There is sure to be more around there.
Good luck
Jeff

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks Ohio!!I can't wait to find out.Unfortunately this horrible 40 hrs.working is taking time away from the real important things in life. ;D but Saturdays on my mind.HH!!

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
paleoheadhunter said:
Thanks Ohio!!I can't wait to find out.Unfortunately this horrible 40 hrs.working is taking time away from the real important things in life. ;D but Saturdays on my mind.HH!!
You get Saturdays off?

Ain,t you lucky

Good luck
Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread