Need help identifying these Native American artifacts I have - stone axe heads

Rob88

Oct 30, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few Native American artifacts passed on to me from a family member. Any and all info about these awesome pieces are welcome!!/Users/Rlangham/Desktop/IMG_9013.jpeg/Users/Rlangham/Desktop/IMG_9014.jpeg/Users/Rlangham/Desktop/IMG_9017.jpeg/Users/Rlangham/Desktop/IMG_9018.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9013.jpeg
    IMG_9013.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_9014.jpeg
    IMG_9014.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9017.jpeg
    IMG_9017.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_9018.jpeg
    IMG_9018.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Sorry I can’t help you with the I’d but I’m sure someone here will soon.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Rob! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to NORTH AMERICAN INDIAN ARTIFACTS for more exposure.

OP
OP
R

Rob88

Oct 30, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback! I will update my info. I live in Tennessee but I'm not sure that these particular pieces were found here.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Rob! Nice artifact and good photo.

The long narrow design suggests a specific purpose. The extra effort on the handle channel suggests the need to be able to hit something, repeatedly, very hard without loosing the head. I'm thinking probably war club.

Best wishes and good luck!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice raised ridge axe heads , maybe made from granite ? I’m sure somebody will chime in with some more info Iv seen pics of similar ones from Ohio

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear from you Joshua! I've seen a few of these that I knew were grave goods. They didn't show any signs of use either.

OP
OP
R

Rob88

Oct 30, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I'm obviously no expert but I do know that they are in great shape which made me think that they probably aren't THAT old and obviously weren't used much. Then again as Reanm8er said, they could have possibly been used for war or just protection in general.. I wouldn't think that someones head would cause much damage to these.. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread