A site frame

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are the best ones I have found there. I have already posted most of these as I find them, but I thought I would show them together. It is interesting to me how many different types and different materials are all found in one place which covers maybe 800 acres altogether. I 1030181642.jpg 1030181641.jpg t seems many different cultures or tribes have occupied it from the early archaic period on.

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
These are the best ones I have found there. I have already posted most of these as I find them, but I thought I would show them together. It is interesting to me how many different types and different materials are all found in one place which covers maybe 800 acres altogether. I View attachment 1647517 View attachment 1647521 t seems many different cultures or tribes have occupied it from the early archaic period on.

nice collection !

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking site tray. I love seeing trays like this. I hunt sites just like yours where I find from Early Archaic to Late Woodland/Ft Ancient. I guess if a site was a great place to live then it appealed to everyone who visited there. I'm sure you have tons of broken pieces. Do you tray those up as well? I normally do all the bases and Tools in a separate tray.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Beautiful!!! If I were you I'd make that my Avatar!!!:headbang:

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great frames!!!! You've got something really great there!!!!

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would put the brokes in a case at least the nicest ones, but I dont have one to put them in. I also have more whole points from this site . If anyone can recommend who makes a good case. The company thst made the one pictured is no longer in business.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Some killers in there that’s a great site you got , some beautiful materials they used too. How long did it take you to fill that case ?

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it was 4or 5 years ago when I first started looking there arrow. They cleared off maybe 200 acres first. Then this spring another 2 or 300 acres, then nearly 400 more this summer and fall. It may be quite awhile before I get to hunt most of it .It has went into no till farming exept the first section which is nursury stock. Maybe they will at least disc it at some point though. Part of it is also up for sale, so I have probably seen my best days there.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was 4or 5 years ago when I first started looking there arrow. They cleared off maybe 200 acres first. Then this spring another 2 or 300 acres, then nearly 400 more this summer and fall. It may be quite awhile before I get to hunt most of it .It has went into no till farming exept the first section which is nursury stock. Maybe they will at least disc it at some point though. Part of it is also up for sale, so I have probably seen my best days there.

What a bummer hopefully you still have some good days out there ..... Iv had several really good fields ruined by no till it’s a frustrating feeling knowing how many artifacts are lost to it.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not only a great variety but an interesting time span. That area was active for thousands of years!

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Tnmudman, that's quite impressive to say the least. I've thought about making some of those trays. Does the glass press the items against a foam pad? Or do your finds just lay loosely on the foam? Thanks for any info, and congrats on finding that site. Hoping at least some of it will stay available to you.

shadrickhunt

Sep 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine from Smokey Mtn. knife works. They are very similar to yours.

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are pressed against the glass slightly ken. Thanks for the info shadrick, I will check them out. Thanks for all the comments, I have had a lot of great days finding these artifacts and part of it I will still be able to hunt. I can dig some in one section, which is good because they arent working the ground much there now. So I hope I can have some more finds to share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread