Native America PBS

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many of you are probably aware of this 4 part PBS documentary running on PBS affiliates on Tuesday nights. The first two episodes are available now for free online, for a few weeks, and the remaining episodes will be as well, after they air. It has not disappointed, I just watched Part 1 for the second time. You may need to set this page for your local affiliate.

https://www.pbs.org/native-america/episodes/

Upvote 0

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wasn't at all aware of it so thanks for sharing it definitely looks like something I'd like to check out

OP
OP
Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wasn't aware myself as I don't watch TV, but I'll have to check this one out, thanks!

Part 2 includes a long look at the Iroquois of New York, with a focus on the use and meaning of wampum, and the contribution of the Iroquois Confederacy to the development of the US constitution.

OntarioArch

Nov 26, 2017
Cayuga County NY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watched some today ....excellent. Many Native American voices.

"Haudenosaunee" Is the Native American terminology by the way...Iroquois is a French word. Learned this from the program!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I hope that people whose only knowledge of indigenous people is Geronimo and Crazy Horse take a look at this. (They probably won't, though)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know it was a series and only recorded one episode. Had I pushed the record button again it would have recorded the series. As for the one I did watch, I found it to be a very good documentary.

OP
OP
Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't know it was a series and only recorded one episode. Had I pushed the record button again it would have recorded the series. As for the one I did watch, I found it to be a very good documentary.

The link I left will allow you to watch the first two parts for free online, for a few more weeks. The third part will be two hours and run on 11/13. Not sure the date of the 4th and final episode. But the third and fourth can be viewed online as well, once they have been broadcast on PBS.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The link I left will allow you to watch the first two parts for free online, for a few more weeks. The third part will be two hours and run on 11/13. Not sure the date of the 4th and final episode. But the third and fourth can be viewed online as well, once they have been broadcast on PBS.
That's good. Looking ahead the two hours on the 13th consist of part 3 and part 4 immediately after. I'll just have to watch part 2 online.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread