Pottery finds today 11/17/8

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had another good flooding washing rain last week so went out today to see how the creek looked. Most the leaves are washed away :hello2: but water is still a little high and murky so I was lucky to find these two. The plain one is a typical Burke phase pottery in my area with it's soapstone temper, the check stamped piece broke where a drilled hole had been. I have another one I found a couple years ago same pattern with a drilled hole so probably from the same pot. Thanks for the look! HH
Pottery 11-17-18.jpg Pottery with drilled hole 11-17-18.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds that creek should turn up another point soon

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your definitely the pottery queen , do you have a pretty good idea of where it’s all coming from ? Must be a camp really close by one of these trips out your gonna find the jackpot of arrow heads to go with your pottery

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your definitely the pottery queen , do you have a pretty good idea of where it’s all coming from ? Must be a camp really close by one of these trips out your gonna find the jackpot of arrow heads to go with your pottery

No idea where it's coming out at but judging from the amount of pottery I find it had to have been a pretty large population living here for several time periods. I'm very lucky to find it all.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 nice big pieces this time. Them points must be so tiny they cant be seen. No lie the week I found my .5 triangle my friend found a .25 triangle I thought my point was the smallest but his was and it was well worked. So if they are that tiny you may never find them.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 nice big pieces this time. Them points must be so tiny they cant be seen. No lie the week I found my .5 triangle my friend found a .25 triangle I thought my point was the smallest but his was and it was well worked. So if they are that tiny you may never find them.

I might have to start sifting again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread