Best of 2018

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
I took a pic over break of the best pieces that I acquired in 2018. All are from Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri and represent a variety of time frames from late paleo to Mississippian. My favorite piece of the year is the notched hoe made of Kaolin flint that I acquired from the granddaughter of the finder.

Hoping everyone has a good year in 2019! I'm hoping this year will be better in terms of finding pieces for me as last year was pretty slow. Although the thrill of acquiring a fine piece is pretty fun also.

Hippy

2018 Gets.jpg

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations. Very nice collection. :icon_thumright:

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some best of best there. Do you keep for personal collection or resale at some point? You must have come across some exquisite pieces over the years.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice collection , iv been hoping folks would post their 2018 finds I’m still trying to find time to get mine together and take pics

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Always great to see your collections.

Jeff and his dad have a great personal find collection as well. A pretty significant Agate Basin site if I remember correctly.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
WOW!

You've acquired some great pieces! Keep up the good work!

I haven't heard from your dad in a while. He used to send pics of some of his finds. I hope he's still getting out.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing pieces of history!

OP
OP
H

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Are those personal finds?

Nope, unfortunately they aren't personal finds. Most of these pieces are the "once-in-a-lifetime" type finds for their respective finders. Most of them have history back to their finder though.

Hippy

OP
OP
H

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Some best of best there. Do you keep for personal collection or resale at some point? You must have come across some exquisite pieces over the years.

I do re-sell pieces, but these are mostly keepers for our personal collection. I set up at shows throughout the midwest, so most of these will be out about for public viewing. My take is that, I'd rather have them out and enjoyed by all rather than locked up in my basement.

Hippy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread