new creek finds

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been exploring a small feeder creek on a relative's property. I was pretty sure that there would be good possibilities as it is on the property where my father grew up and where in surrounding fields, I found 100s of points in the 1960s and 70s. I can only get to the little branch/creek during the winter. I had been finding flakes and pottery sherds when I walked up on this. It was about 2" below the water on a pebble bar. I said "Lord, please let this not be a leaf". And it wasn't. Even though the ears look different, I think that the point was just made that way. No damage. If the archeologists are correct, there could be as much as 6000 years difference between the pottery and the Lecroy point. Good luck out there.
20190127_140107.jpg 20190127_140207.jpg 20190127_174736.jpg

Upvote 0

the creek gang

May 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been exploring a small feeder creek on a relative's property. I was pretty sure that there would be good possibilities as it is on the property where my father grew up and where in surrounding fields, I found 100s of points in the 1960s and 70s. I can only get to the little branch/creek during the winter. I had been finding flakes and pottery sherds when I walked up on this. It was about 2" below the water on a pebble bar. I said "Lord, please let this not be a leaf". And it wasn't. Even though the ears look different, I think that the point was just made that way. No damage. If the archeologists are correct, there could be as much as 6000 years difference between the pottery and the Lecroy point. Good luck out there.
View attachment 1675420 View attachment 1675421 View attachment 1675422

Awesome point[emoji3]

OP
OP
P

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has that dark creek stain. Nice save.

Thanks. I have found quite a few creek stained points. But in this case, it is just the color of the rhyolite we have (rhyolite NAs used) which they quarried about 20 miles south of where this point was found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread