sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine stopped by to show me this great Stanfield that he found last week in a little creek on his land. I'm really proud for him because he's always inviting me and my son out there even though we're usually the ones that find something. You just don't find such selfless people like that every day.

stanfield.jpg stanfield1.jpg

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing! And yes very selfless to let you and your son hunt that creek too. I'm very selfish with my creek and won't let anyone in it but my own son lol

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
You have a very good friend! congrats to him!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty one! Do you know what kind of material it is made of? I invite some people to detect on a couple of my sites, but it's usually a reciprocal arrangement.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty one! Do you know what kind of material it is made of? I invite some people to detect on a couple of my sites, but it's usually a reciprocal arrangement.

Not sure, but I figure it's more than likely Coastal Plains chert, stained by the tannins in the water.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These might give you an idea of what kind of guy he is. About ten years ago, he invited us out to look the creek, never having found one himself. It's a small creek, and there had been a spring flood earlier in the year. There was a spot about 3 feet wide where a beaver dam had blown out. I spotted something brown in the sand right where the water flowed through the breach. Got to be a leaf, I thought, but always the sucker, I reached in and this comes out. Our first time out on his land, and this fellow? Not even a hint of jealousy.

simpson.jpg simpson1.jpg

Well, he invites us out again. I took my mask this time. The creek was only about 6 inches deep with a hardpan bottom. I stuck my head in to fan the gravel out of a pocket about the size of a cereal bowl, and this was in there. Once again, he found not a thing.

quartz.jpg

Next trip, I found this first-stage, fluted Hardaway. Banged up, but what a great point.

hardaway.jpg

...and he continues to invite us. He's a Vietnam veteran. His little sister was married to my "get around" brother many years ago. Nearly died in a fall from a deer stand years back. Most importantly though, he's a good Christian man who sets a great example of how we all should conduct ourselves in every aspect of our lives. So now, you can better understand why I was so tickled for him finding that great Stanfieid.

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Dang! Those are some great artifacts!

and That is a killer creek your friend has!!

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! Those are some great artifacts!

and That is a killer creek your friend has!!

Yeah, he's got an early site there. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Clovis come outta that area.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a nice one! I’ve got a few but not all of them are as nice as the one that your friend found.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Very nice find. Google Lanceolate blade and compare it to that one. I knap a lot of them and they look very simular.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread