Two pieces months apart

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found the one on the left in October of last year in a loader bucket of dirt, five months later tonight found the one on the right after the dirt was spread after rained on point22.PNG . somehow both survived the track loader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say same nodule ,same maker , I know the exact spot the dirt was scooped up from ,but was getting late and my eyes dont adjust good anymore but im hoping theirs more there. the one on the left has more light gray than the other but the style is pretty much the same. thinking maby knife sense there so wide ,but just guessing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
point100.PNG went back and This is what my wife found in the leveled out dirt , funny all this came from one scoop of dirt , i wonder whats hiding underneath, to bad the landowner dont wont me to sift threw it.

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ran the tractor over it tonight with the scraper box to smooth it ,still to wet ,but cant wait for more rain on it now. another heartbreaker popped up . point200.PNG lookes like we probably dug into a pocket of them.

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes we probably broke it with the loader or tractor. yes i know exactly where the dirt came from, odd thing is it was on a bank first scoop was the one that had the stuff, we will be checking and rechecking. probably will use a leaf blower on the bank to remove leaves and check. i got a feeling theres more.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we probably broke it with the loader or tractor. yes i know exactly where the dirt came from, odd thing is it was on a bank first scoop was the one that had the stuff, we will be checking and rechecking. probably will use a leaf blower on the bank to remove leaves and check. i got a feeling theres more.

I have a feeling you are right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread