monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd been looking at a field on my runs hauling fuel that is next door to another spot that I haven't had time to hunt. As luck would have it I saw a man coming out of the field and stopped and introduced myself an told him about me having permission to hunt the land next to his. He told me come anytime I want to look around, so I made a quick walk around and found nothing until I was heading back to my tanker. It looked like a smooth odd shaped rock so I pulled it and was surprised that it was a drill or a punch. 0311191248b.jpg 0311191249.jpg 0311191249a.jpg

Upvote 0

Geradot

May 29, 2015
Kamcha
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd been looking at a field on my runs hauling fuel that is next door to another spot that I haven't had time to hunt. As luck would have it I saw a man coming out of the field and stopped and introduced myself an told him about me having permission to hunt the land next to his. He told me come anytime I want to look around, so I made a quick walk around and found nothing until I was heading back to my tanker. It looked like a smooth odd shaped rock so I pulled it and was surprised that it was a drill or a punch. View attachment 1689618 View attachment 1689619 View attachment 1689620

In the cross section - a triangle?

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
that is a unique drill.

that just goes to show that you never know what you may find.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice! :thumbsup:
Looks like they utilized a nodule that would serve it's purpose, and last.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool ! I can't add anything to the conversation, just chiming in that I also can't recall ever seeing a drill, awl, or tool made that way, quite unique . HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread