Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice. When I first looked at the pic I thought what the hell does finding a watch have to do with NA artifacts?

Last edited:

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool, I had no idea they came that small.

Haldean

Feb 11, 2019
Burlington NC
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw some small ones in a private museum in "Mystery Hill" North Carolina. They called them "bird points". Mystery Hill is just south of Boone on State highway 321. It is a tourist attraction but the people used to have some nice collections. I haven't been there in a while so I don't know what is there now.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice. When I first looked the pic I thought what the hell does finding a watch have to with NA artifacts?

Same here. At first glance, I thought the white was a reflection off clouds or something, then bam! Great find!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called "bird points" just because of their size. You shoot that little point into the lung of about any creature in N.A. and it will be dead shortly. A smaller, lighter point will fly much faster from a bow and penetrate easier than a big heavy point. Gary

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow--I've found small, but never TINY. That could be an entirely new thread--"What's your smallest point?"

OP
OP
P

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol. I sent that pic to one of my daughters and she replied "A watch and an arrowhead?"

I took the photo that way to provide scale. I was out in a field with no ruler or tape measure.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Wow--I've found small, but never TINY. That could be an entirely new thread--"What's your smallest point?"

I posted a thread a few years ago showing six areowheads on a silver dollar and not going over the edge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions