RedRiver

Greenie
Aug 29, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't show the most expensive or rare one. Just your favorite. I like the working man and hunters points so I'm showing an old Montell that's been used and sharpened for all it's worth. 1557454504148668918982564331442.jpg 15574547508316238257364177971300.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a new favorite found last week.
KIMG0565.JPG

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A favorite because of how I found it. Walking a corn row, daydreaming. Comes a voice. Out loud, in my right ear: "Arrowhead!!". I spin around. Nobody! What the hey!? I look at the ground all around me. No arrowhead. I take two steps to continue the hunt. "No", says I. "I never heard a voice before, gotta be a reason!" There's a big bright oak leaf lying by my left foot. I stoop down and lift it up. Arrowhead!!

D1D2FA7B-7E93-452E-BBBC-842F3FD55B0D-1957-00000072B591719F.jpeg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another "how did I do that?!" favorite. Lying on my back, eyes closed, sunbathing on a beach towel. Right arm extended out, scooping up sand with right hand, making fist, letting the sand run out like an hourglass. At some point, there's a small rock left in my clenched fist. I feel it's shape with my fingers. Suddenly, a light bulb goes off. I sit bolt upright, open my eyes, open my fist. It's a point!

IMG_2808.JPG

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
This is one of my favorites I don’t find many bifurcated points so this was a shocker and it was at a time where I had just moved and we were questioning if we made the rite choice ..... walked down the hill in backyard and noticed a sandbar sticking out of the river at low tide this was sitting rite on top felt like a sign that I was in the rite place and all would work out.
Susquehanna bifurcated point
View attachment 1711225 View attachment 1711226 View attachment 1711227 View attachment 1711228

I want one of those!

OP
OP
RedRiver

RedRiver

Greenie
Aug 29, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it. Thank you all for the stories and pictures.

OP
OP
RedRiver

RedRiver

Greenie
Aug 29, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which points go with which weapon will always be a debate. I personally believe that the arrow points were 1.5" max. Today's arrows are loaded with + or - 100 grain tips. But modern have much more power. 25 to 30 pound traditional bows would have had the smaller points that were extremely sharp. It's not necessarily the power, but the penetration capability.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s hard to pick a favorite, as they are all so hard to come by.

But here’s one of my most prized finds:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557672720.557663.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557672745.388594.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557672766.792570.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557672789.408631.jpg

In 2008, I searched a corner of a low lying soggy area of a farm pasture that had been left dormant for decades. I spied the plow parked in that area a couple weeks prior and thought the timing was good to go back and have a look.

Directly across the road was a swamp from which a culvert fed the entire field via a ditch, which ran the length of the area. All said, freshly plowed, it was about 4 acres.

I found the condition of the field was left in wave after wave of long large tufted rolls of grass matting and mud. I walked on the crest of the rolls and meticulously searched the long alleys between them.

I searched for several hours, but found nothing.

It dawned on me that the field needed rain. So I waited for the rain. After a week(or so) I went back again. Oddly, the field had not been worked by the farmers at all. So, I went back in a found out why.

No Other Footprints!!! My hope grew to excitement!

But,...It was a soup sandwich. What a slog! But, I was determined to search every inch. And, (after several hours) and a soar neck, I had indeed left no stone unturned. Walking back to the truck, I (in my mind) removed that field from my “places to check out list”, and vowed to never return.

Dejected, I stepped out of the mucky rim of the field. ...And wouldn’t you know, right there by the edge of the road (next to my truck) in a mound flipped by the plow, THAT little gem lay there exposed (white and sparkling on the top of the mud).

It’s a perfect G10 example of a SNAPPIT Point. (Doucette 2003), Gem Quality Quartz Triangle. Thin and Well Made. Finely Serrated. Needle Tip Present. Turned-in and Rounded Basal Ears. Visible grinding on the Base. Mid to Late Archaic Period, 6000-7000 years BP (Before Present)

BTW: I went back many times. And, never found as much as a flake. Even the farmer gave up and never planted a thing there.

Last edited:

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Another "how did I do that?!" favorite. Lying on my back, eyes closed, sunbathing on a beach towel. Right arm extended out, scooping up sand with right hand, making fist, letting the sand run out like an hourglass. At some point, there's a small rock left in my clenched fist. I feel it's shape with my fingers. Suddenly, a light bulb goes off. I sit bolt upright, open my eyes, open my fist. It's a point!

View attachment 1711443

Love the story. I say Neville.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
This Point is one of my favorite personal finds ever because of how I found it. This was the last piece found on an all day hunt back in the early 80's. I hunted for close to 12 hours that day and had found around 30+ Points that day along with all kinds of Tools. As I was walking back to my car at dusk and just barely able to see the ground because it was almost dark and the corn was waist high, I walked by a row and I heard a voice in my head that said " walk up that row". I ignored it at first but as I took another step I heard it again so I turned around and went up the row. I took about 10 steps up the row and as I parted the corn I saw this laying completely exposed. At that time it was my best Flint artifact ever and it's still in my Top 5.

Oh the solitude!! Do all you guys hear voices?
Really Nice Point though!
Ok, I’m going to guess. LOST LAKE VARIANT?

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one nearly 30 years ago and to this day, it remains one of my favorites. Just has a wicked look to it. Still have yet to satisfactorily type it though. Has the characteristics of several different types all rolled into one. I'd like to hear everybody's opinion on it as long as it's not the default 'Must be a "Kirk" since nothing else fits'. Heard that one. I found it in west central Georgia on an extensive multicomponent site dating from Paleo to historic times. Posted some of my other finds from this site here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...rtifacts/583064-artifacts-your-enjoyment.html Posts 53,60,63 &71.

barbera.jpg

Last edited:

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you. It’s Wicked!

Is it possible that it is a multi component point? Maybe a repurposed Point?
Now, it could be the shading, but it appears the stem has a different sheen than the rest of the point?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread