RedRiver

Greenie
Aug 29, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't show the most expensive or rare one. Just your favorite. I like the working man and hunters points so I'm showing an old Montell that's been used and sharpened for all it's worth. 1557454504148668918982564331442.jpg 15574547508316238257364177971300.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558812282.242717.jpg
If I had to pick maybe this one. It’s nothing rare or exceptional but it’s how I found it. I had found a pair of fallen trees in the woods and there were flakes washing out of the root ball. I had took my screen out and was bringing tons of flakes and the occasional tool. One day my dad was out with me and I told him about the spot and walked over to show him and I picked a patch of ground completely at random and in the first shovel full this popped out. My dad couldn’t believe it. He likes to tell the story about what a lucky sob I am and how he watched me walk to the middle of the woods, sit down and find a point in one scoop

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1715884
If I had to pick maybe this one. It’s nothing rare or exceptional but it’s how I found it. I had found a pair of fallen trees in the woods and there were flakes washing out of the root ball. I had took my screen out and was bringing tons of flakes and the occasional tool. One day my dad was out with me and I told him about the spot and walked over to show him and I picked a patch of ground completely at random and in the first shovel full this popped out. My dad couldn’t believe it. He likes to tell the story about what a lucky sob I am and how he watched me walk to the middle of the woods, sit down and find a point in one scoop

That’s cool , sounds like a great memory

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1715884

Love the story. Never lose that point! It will help you recall (in vivid detail) a living moment with your dad someday when you most need it. That makes it a very valuable treasure.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your story made me think of this one which is another one of my favorites, more due to how it was found than the point itself. Many years ago, me and another fellow were looking a site where a lot of earthmoving was going on. He had bought himself a brand new flat-pointed shovel. We were taking a break from digging just standing there talking and I said, "Let me check out that new shovel, man." He hands it to me and I made a flat shave across the top of the ground, then a second pass when this flipped out of the dirt. He was like, "Gimme my damn shovel back!" I won't elaborate, but fast fowarding a few years made me realize that this couldn't have happened to a more deserving SOB.

bascom.jpg

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While deer hunting back in the 80's approximately two miles from my home, I saw this point lying in a small branch of a nearby creek. Not much chert in my immediate area so this made my day! A southern Hardin as thin as a cracker...

Top53.jpg

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to pick a favorite but I like the Desert Sierra points a lot if we are showing true arrowheads

Attachments

• 3 DSN.jpg
    3 DSN.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 40

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to pick a favorite but I like the Desert Sierra points a lot if we are showing true arrowheads

I love those , wish they were around my area they gotta be one of the nicest looking points.
They look deadly I bet they are still razor sharp

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife wanted me to put in one of her favorite arrows. Eastgate or Rose Springs-2 1/2"

Attachments

• P1120655.JPG
    P1120655.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 41

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer, Wels. That would put a hurtin' on.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry for the late post. I've been busy and then went on vacation for 2 weeks. This is my favorite because it's the last point my younger brother found in Florida. He found it in Okaloosa Co. in the 70's. Not sure exactly when. He was visiting relatives and scratching around a creek flowing into the bay. He passed away in 1994 & I have most of his finds from Ohio & Florida. 20190608_111849.jpg
This isn't a real nice one but it is special to me.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of question is this???! Favorite?? Ha! My favorite point is that last one I found!! ; )

1003171635.jpg

1003171636.jpg

1003171637.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my favorite small one.

File #1 139.JPG Found it between the vehicle ruts on a trail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions