Lets see your favorite arrowhead - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree812Likes

Thread: Lets see your favorite arrowhead

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2009
    Florida & Hong Kong
    2400 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tnmudman View Post
    This point was given to me by my good friend.He passed away a few years ago. The point was found under a bluff shelter in Warren county TN. about 30 years ago. Attachment 1713543Attachment 1713544Attachment 1713545
    Hard to beat the quality of that point.

us
    Mar 2017
    Arizona
    1995 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by southfork View Post
    This Rose Springs Crystal point is one of my favorite finds . Eldorado Co N. California .
    That is amazing.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8480 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice favorites everyone. Here is mine I have never posted it. It is a Benton. Saw it bass fishing with my brother. It was our dads birthday and he had been gone 20 years. I spotted it and yelled arrowhead and trolled closer to the sand bar. I leaped out of the boat and my brother ran from the back of the boat and tackled me. We wrestled around and I finally got my hands around it and we were dying laughing. When we jumped out of the boat we kicked it out into the current and had to swim for it. A large lightning storm blew in and we got in life jackets tied off to the back of the boat and drifted down the river as mother nature unleashed her fury. Great day and makes it a favorite. Have never shared because I can never get a picture worthy of all the swirls and workmanship to do it justice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5657.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	1714092
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Mar 2013
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3217 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by theviking View Post
    I have a new favorite for this rainy day here in VA
    Do you suppose this was a repaired damaged point?
    Whatever, its a very cool find!
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4564 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    Nice favorites everyone. Here is mine I have never posted it. It is a Benton. Saw it bass fishing with my brother. It was our dads birthday and he had been gone 20 years. I spotted it and yelled arrowhead and trolled closer to the sand bar. I leaped out of the boat and my brother ran from the back of the boat and tackled me. We wrestled around and I finally got my hands around it and we were dying laughing. When we jumped out of the boat we kicked it out into the current and had to swim for it. A large lightning storm blew in and we got in life jackets tied off to the back of the boat and drifted down the river as mother nature unleashed her fury. Great day and makes it a favorite. Have never shared because I can never get a picture worthy of all the swirls and workmanship to do it justice.

Name:	IMG_5657.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	1714092
    That's Beautiful!

Kace
    Tnmountains likes this.
    FIRST: Research The TELLER OF THE TALE With As Much Due Diligence As The TALE Itself

us
    Oct 2011
    3351 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    i think i have a story with almost all my points, can remember the thrill and spot i spotted them at

us
    Aug 2009
    Blue ridge mts, Virginia
    897 times
    The smell of Nitro in the morning
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemustdigtreasure View Post
    Do you suppose this was a repaired damaged point?
    Whatever, its a very cool find!
    I think it was just resharpened on one side, almost looks like a spokeshave. I'll get a better pic of the blade when I get a chance.
    eyemustdigtreasure likes this.

us
    Oct 2008
    Central Great Plains
    505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMZIM View Post
    Attachment 1713038Tip is gone, and it was in two pieces, but still my favorite!
    One of the most beautiful personally found Cody pieces I have seen posted on this forum.
    Glad to see that you left the tip as found.
    IAMZIM likes this.

us
    Apr 2017
    south east kansas
    Whites Eagle Spectrum
    1329 times

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558812282.242717.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	991.7 KB 
ID:	1715884
    If I had to pick maybe this one. Itís nothing rare or exceptional but itís how I found it. I had found a pair of fallen trees in the woods and there were flakes washing out of the root ball. I had took my screen out and was bringing tons of flakes and the occasional tool. One day my dad was out with me and I told him about the spot and walked over to show him and I picked a patch of ground completely at random and in the first shovel full this popped out. My dad couldnít believe it. He likes to tell the story about what a lucky sob I am and how he watched me walk to the middle of the woods, sit down and find a point in one scoop
    welsbury, arrow86, uniface and 9 others like this.

us
    May 2014
    Eastern Shore Maryland
    3451 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Older The Better View Post

If I had to pick maybe this one. Itís nothing rare or exceptional but itís how I found it. I had found a pair of fallen trees in the woods and there were flakes washing out of the root ball. I had took my screen out and was bringing tons of flakes and the occasional tool. One day my dad was out with me and I told him about the spot and walked over to show him and I picked a patch of ground completely at random and in the first shovel full this popped out. My dad couldnít believe it. He likes to tell the story about what a lucky sob I am and how he watched me walk to the middle of the woods, sit down and find a point in one scoop
    Thatís cool , sounds like a great memory
    I would rather see an authentic broken scraper posted than a G-10 Artifake!

us
    Feb 2019
    Massachusetts
    722 times
    North American Artifacts

Let's see your favorite arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by Older The Better View Post

Love the story. Never lose that point! It will help you recall (in vivid detail) a living moment with your dad someday when you most need it. That makes it a very valuable treasure.

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    4285 times
    Your story made me think of this one which is another one of my favorites, more due to how it was found than the point itself. Many years ago, me and another fellow were looking a site where a lot of earthmoving was going on. He had bought himself a brand new flat-pointed shovel. We were taking a break from digging just standing there talking and I said, "Let me check out that new shovel, man." He hands it to me and I made a flat shave across the top of the ground, then a second pass when this flipped out of the dirt. He was like, "Gimme my damn shovel back!" I won't elaborate, but fast fowarding a few years made me realize that this couldn't have happened to a more deserving SOB.

Name:	bascom.jpg 
Size:	595.7 KB 
ID:	1716214

us
    Banjo Man

May 2019
    East Central Alabama
    1077 times
    Relic Hunting
    While deer hunting back in the 80's approximately two miles from my home, I saw this point lying in a small branch of a nearby creek. Not much chert in my immediate area so this made my day! A southern Hardin as thin as a cracker...

Name:	Top53.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1717864

Jun 2014
    California
    2433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdog View Post
    While deer hunting back in the 80's approximately two miles from my home, I saw this point lying in a small branch of a nearby creek. Not much chert in my immediate area so this made my day! A southern Hardin as thin as a cracker...

Name:	Top53.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1717864
    Nice find and glad you made it over here .
    Tdog likes this.

us
    Banjo Man

May 2019
    East Central Alabama
    1077 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by southfork View Post
    Nice find and glad you made it over here .
    Thanks Dennis! At least I believe that's you based on what I've seen you post and your location!
    Relicgrubber likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Sponsored Links