Found near Ouachita River in western Arkansas. What is it?

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks like a Naval Aviator's watch. Oh, you mean the egg and arrow head??? :laughing7:

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprising no one has gone with naturally occurring yet. I think the egg shaped ones are tops, meant to be spun, if that is ancient but I have no idea.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Surprising no one has gone with naturally occurring yet. I think the egg shaped ones are tops, meant to be spun, if that is ancient but I have no idea.

And what hard, flat surface do you suppose they spun those tops on?...if I may ask.

i don’t see any use wear indicating it spun on its end for any length of time.

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure you saw my video, if you don’t think a guy who formed that rock could make a table, so be it.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Looking at the degree of polish, I think it might be one of the modern examples. Google Egg Stone and you can see hundreds of pictures of modern ones that are used for decoration, massage tools, etc.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I’m sure you saw my video, if you don’t think a guy who formed that rock could make a table, so be it.

I wouldn’t think a guy couldn’t, just don’t know why he would go to all that much trouble to spin something on it.

You should link up that video again.

what came first? The top? or the table to spin it on?

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m aware that I could be wrong about anything and everything, that’s why I said I think it’s a top. It just doesn’t seem possible that this could be accidental, and I’ve found a couple more, not as good but enough to make me think it is intentional.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions