monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to go hunting for a day after getting home from that dang storm on the east coast and I went to check on my Poverty Point site in N.E. La. I thought that maybe the corn was cut, but they had planted cotton this year. So with such a tall and thick crop I walked along a canal that goes through the site. I only found some chips and what at first I thought was a tractor washer, but something told me to look at that again. This is what I found, it's a stone bead made from a Porphyry stone. I'm as happy as a pig in the mud with it, it's the second drilled bead I've found on this site. PP bead 1.jpg PP bead3.jpg PP bead 2.jpg PP bead4.jpg PP bead12.jpg PP bead11.jpg PP bead11.jpg PP bead9.jpg PP bead8.jpg I almost got to hot my vision is still off a little, but I'll live. It seems not only was the temp. real high, but that a cotton crop puts off more heat, I didn't have a dry thread on me no where. I soaked the bead in water over night to help remove some the hard dirt in it.

Upvote 0

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Fabulous to think of whose neck that first hung on...

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome find! :thumbsup: You did a swell job of taking those photo's.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing short of hellacious! That is nice. Been nearly 30 years since I found a bead, so I'm happy for you, man.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m glad you looked at it again because that’s an awesome find. Good eye. Congrats

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
that is better than a point!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions