First Creek Find

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my cabin farm to do some digging Saturday. Soon as I arrived my deer farmer showed up, and had shot a deer at my other farm about a mile away. So I told him I would help him haul it out of the woods, as it was rough terrain off the hillside. We stopped to take a rest at the bottom of the hill in the creek bed. And while he was washing the blood off his hands, I found this, right next to his foot.....the base is snapped, but I will be checking that creek in the future.

Attachments

• WIN_20191118_15_50_17_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20191118_15_50_17_Pro.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice! That's what happens when you help someone...Reward!! :icon_thumright:

Kace

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Save! :icon_thumleft: See, you never know where you will find those artifacts.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabin farm, deer farmer, I am curious as to what those are? Nice find.

I can definitely help with one and probably the other...

"Deer farmer" - (noun) a hunter who harvests deer from time to time

"Cabin farm" - (noun) likely a farm with a woodlot and a cabin on it. There are several of those around where I live.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to find more artifacts in this creek. There are Hopewell mounds nearby, and it empties into the Ohio, which is about a half mile away. Deer farmers pay to hunt on your farm, and plant deer plots.

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my cabin farm to do some digging Saturday. Soon as I arrived my deer farmer showed up, and had shot a deer at my other farm about a mile away. So I told him I would help him haul it out of the woods, as it was rough terrain off the hillside. We stopped to take a rest at the bottom of the hill in the creek bed. And while he was washing the blood off his hands, I found this, right next to his foot.....the base is snapped, but I will be checking that creek in the future.

Did you know Charlie West? In the 50s he dredged Ohio Brush Creek at the mouth. He found some treasures doing that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunny Side.......yes I have been to Charlies house, and seen his amazing artifact collection. Crazy. Nothing but the real deal from back in the day. I have a cabin/farm along Brush Creek, about 2 miles from the river from where you are talking about. However I own another farm about a mile down the river on the hillside, over looking the river that I found this knife in the creek. Looks like a Adena. I do a lot of digging for artifacts at my farms. And have found a few. The best artifacts have come out of middens, and camp areas. I prefer bone artifacts. Rocks help me find them, so its all good. Digging artifacts from the ground is hard work........so don't try it. But I did find a pipe this year, and that will keep you digging another hole. Artifacts in the dig area, when you think like a Indian.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread