vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Lynn17! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to NORTH AMERICAN INDIAN ARTIFACTS for more exposure.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure of material it's either KNF or Dark Root beer. The last photo throws a red flag from what I can see from your photo. The high spots on the point look to worn down smooth, and the lower parts don't seem to be worn like the high spots. Better photo with photos of both sides an where it came from would help.

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Other pictures

As another person is stated, it looks like either Knife River Flint, or Root Beer chert. Unfortunately, based on the pics you've posted it's unlikely to be authentic. I've added a few ovals on here showing the sanding marks where people dull the edges and surfaces on things to make them appear worn and used. Additionally, the fluting style doesn't look correct for a typical Clovis at least. The flute channel is much more narrow than it should.

Based on the pictures you posted and just a few of the clues, it doesn't look to be authentic. But, adding some more clear photos taken in the daylight may help.

Hippy

20191113_155519_2.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice. Welcome to Tnet. :hello2:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics aren’t the best .... what’s the other side loon like ? Flute definitely looks off ... looks like somebody didn’t have the skills to create a single wide flute all in one shot so they did 2 small ones than tried to just grind them together to appear as one .... also if your not a charter member you can’t sell the item here.

OP
OP
L

Lynn17

Nov 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will post better pics for you as soon as I can. Thank you very much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread