Not open for further replies.

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorites. stands 3 3/4". I believe it was at one time painted. Under Uv light the beak appears black and at certain angles you can see it with the naked eye. Looks to me like a Northern Cardinal. Pipestone. Late Mississipian/Fort Ancient IMG_4120_1.jpg IMG_4121_1.jpg IMG_4122_1.jpg Sioto Co.

Upvote 0

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! It continues, man thats killer. Looks like folks have just stopped even commenting on these incredible pieces you keep posting. Maybe some question there authenticity, but I certainly dont have the knowledge or insight to say they arent .So I will say, thanks for showing them.

OP
OP
Sunny Side

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! It continues, man thats killer. Looks like folks have just stopped even commenting on these incredible pieces you keep posting. Maybe some question there authenticity, but I certainly dont have the knowledge or insight to say they arent .So I will say, thanks for showing them.

I am sure there are some that do question, but to be fair, I don’t blame them if they do. They are not everyday pieces you might see.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question I have...were all of the tribes in North America equally advanced as far as possessing the skills necessary to create these objects? Perhaps there were just differences in cultural traditions?

I ask because I often wonder if these high end type artifacts you are sharing are possible laying around in my area (Ca.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sunny Side

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were probably one or two people who were skilled artisans of stone in every large group of people. God given and perhaps learned or taught. This has always been the case to the dawn of civilized man. Picasso visited Lascaux cave in France to view the 20,000 year old paintings, when he came out of the cave he said we haven’t learned anything in 20,000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread