Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0482.jpg DSC_0481.jpg DSC_0483.jpg

This is my best artifact purchase to date. This came out of Randolph county Arkansas. I am unsure of the material, but it looks like Horse Creek chert to me. The beveling on this thing cannot be done justice in the photos, nor the color.

I only paid $30 for it.

Upvote 0

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty nice lookin and I think you should be out in your creeks finding them for free.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's pretty nice lookin and I think you should be out in your creeks finding them for free.:thumbsup:

I've found an Adena, and a flake in two years of creek walking. The Adena was by accident.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats a great addition to your collection Rusty, and I'm with you on the creek hunting. I haven't completely given up on it but I have had very little success walking creeks. Maybe I just haven't found the right creek yet? But there are fields bordering some of them that are loaded, yet I cant find a thing in the creek.

Moark

May 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking in the creekbed gives me a terrible headache. I don’t know how anyone finds anything that way

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking in the creekbed gives me a terrible headache. I don’t know how anyone finds anything that way

I have eye trouble, so I can't see too good to begin with. It is productive however. I run the contests on Arrowheads.com, and this month will be a doozy. Somebody found a killer, G9-10 un-fluted Cumberland in his local creek. Can't get much beter than that.

I love field hunting, but nothing will beat the one time I was in Georgia. Sand, as far as the eye could see, and you could spot the flakes and pot shards from 25 feet away.

Moark

May 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have eye trouble, so I can't see too good to begin with. It is productive however. I run the contests on Arrowheads.com, and this month will be a doozy. Somebody found a killer, G9-10 un-fluted Cumberland in his local creek. Can't get much beter than that.

I love field hunting, but nothing will beat the one time I was in Georgia. Sand, as far as the eye could see, and you could spot the flakes and pot shards from 25 feet away.

Our creek beds here are the multicolored and loaded with all shapes and sizes of flint and slate. Good for picking material to knap on or maybe you can spot a scraper. I’m mid 30s and like to think I’m in good shape/eyesight, but I’d love to see someone spot a smoker. Maybe if you lay on your belly and scoot around. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575417619.638117.jpg
This is a color example. Most rockbars don’t have these small rocks like this. Also didn’t find that on rockbar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread