A point my sister gave me!

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister from Georgetown Kentucky gave me an arrowhead she didn't find it she is a bartender at a restraunt in Georgetown anyways one of her customers gave it to her because she had told him that I collect Indian artifacts! He told her that he found it in his garden along elk horn creek! It looks like a pine tree point not sure about the material though! What do you guys think? I'm not sure if it's authentic or not!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    620 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
There are some knappers out there who could replicate that, but it's right as rain for an authentic central Kentucky Pinetree (notching, flaking, reduction, material, patina, etc.) Since it was a gift and no money traded hands, I'd guess it's good. Rare to see in that quality (the ears often break off when they get resharpened like that.)

Kentucky collectors chase that examples like yours hard, probably worth a surprising amount of money.

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a smoker. I found most of my best pieces in Georgetown right along that creek. Too bad the whole area is being built up with homes, thousands of them. All that beautiful land developed.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome thats a really cool one

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty nice looking point!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great point!! I think it's the real deal and a keeper if only because your sis gave it to you.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of the backstory and how perfect it is it does make you wonder.

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks authentic to me (mineral deposits present, asymmetry from resharpening and the characteristics joshuaream pointed out).

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister from Georgetown Kentucky gave me an arrowhead she didn't find it she is a bartender at a restraunt in Georgetown anyways one of her customers gave it to her because she had told him that I collect Indian artifacts! He told her that he found it in his garden along elk horn creek! It looks like a pine tree point not sure about the material though! What do you guys think? I'm not sure if it's authentic or not!

I could swear that is Flint Ridge. I never found a FR point in that area, but I remember finding flakes I thought were FR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread