Wanna Gamble?

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I showed these before but here they are again if I have. These are "dice" that were used in their gambling game. Not for sure how it was played but I believe it had to do with how many were face up at end of toss. They also had a plain faced ones too as well as matching sets. I have read the Basin Indians loved to gamble. One pic has 2 dice and a bone piece too.

Attachments

• Dice.JPG
    Dice.JPG
    977.3 KB · Views: 110
  • P1030560.JPG
    P1030560.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is that an effigy piece in the center of pic1? Beaver, Otter? Nice, unusual pieces either way. Thanks.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking Gaming Pieces.

I got these from Steve Bauman(Larson1951). They are all plain on the other side. I can't remember what game he they played with these.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    791.3 KB · Views: 54

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I showed these before but here they are again if I have. These are "dice" that were used in their gambling game. Not for sure how it was played but I believe it had to do with how many were face up at end of toss. They also had a plain faced ones too as well as matching sets. I have read the Basin Indians loved to gamble. One pic has 2 dice and a bone piece too.
Roll em !!!!!!!! Im in

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that an effigy piece in the center of pic1? Beaver, Otter? Nice, unusual pieces either way. Thanks.

Kind of looks like it was going to be something on that order but not sure if it was finished or not.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool artifacts. What are they made of.......?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome! I’ve never found a non-utilitarian artifact. Artifacts that give hints about the leisurely aspects of Native American culture are some of the ones that I most enjoy seeing. Thanks for sharing.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread