Florida frame

Twistedsifter

Jan 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve still been making trips out to our property to hunt. Here is a frame of some stuff from this past year. I’ll post my frame of marions from this year later on this week. Enjoy! 94FA7C92-82CD-4524-B082-515984995BAE.jpeg

Upvote 0

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice pieces! I don’t own this incredible frame of rare points, but I do have my eye on them. I have kept this picture for 5 years as a reminder that I need to some how get my hands on them lol. And yes they are authentic. Sorry I didn’t mean to hijack your post, those are nice finds congrats to you. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576719656.794951.jpg

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Run, Sunny, Run!!

It’s unlikely they will come up for sale anyway. I may be wrong, but I do believe they are authentic. The present owner is no slouch when it comes to artifacts from Florida/Georgia.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really cool Ive been looking for just one for many years havent found one yet. Awesome collection

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of types and materials... what's the little one in the upper left corner?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are nice pieces! I don’t own this incredible frame of rare points, but I do have my eye on them. I have kept this picture for 5 years as a reminder that I need to some how get my hands on them lol. And yes they are authentic. Sorry I didn’t mean to hijack your post, those are nice finds congrats to you. View attachment 1780801
I agree with Tom. That's not the 1st time that pics been posted either. I never agreed with the Simpson typing, always thought Wheeler was more fitting as a type. Many knowable Florida collectors doubt any of them as being authentic. Tread carefully.

OP
OP
T

Twistedsifter

Jan 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Kantuck- i am torn on the type. I bounce around from union side notch to greenbriar to Chipola. What I do know is that it’s transitional paleo to early archaic because it isn’t heat treated, and it has that nice concave ground base. I’ve found lots of early archaic, but this is the oldest piece in my collection. It’s about 1.25-1.5” long. It’s a miracle I didn’t miss it.

OP
OP
T

Twistedsifter

Jan 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Sunny, that’s a cool frame. Those mustache simpsons sure are an interesting type. A buddy of mine told me he found a base years ago. He also told me there was a very small amount of them known to exist. I forget the number but it was small! I bet you’d have to be either diving in a river or 6’ underground to come up on one of those bad boys. Time to break out the excavator haha!

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice variety of types and materials... what's the little one in the upper left corner?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuck- i am torn on the type. I bounce around from union side notch to greenbriar to Chipola. What I do know is that it’s transitional paleo to early archaic because it isn’t heat treated, and it has that nice concave ground base. I’ve found lots of early archaic, but this is the oldest piece in my collection. It’s about 1.25-1.5” long. It’s a miracle I didn’t miss it.

It may be a St. John's variant of San Patrice (10,000-8,000 YBP).

https://www.projectilepoints.net/Points/San_Patrice.html

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I originally thought Chipola as he is digging an Archaic site and they are more common in Florida than Greenbriars. Greenbriar is fine too as it was found deep down and so probably much older.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice points.:icon_thumright:

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Moustache Simpson Case: Impossible. Such wrong. Boom. (IMHOP)

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moustache Simpson Case: Impossible. Such wrong. Boom. (IMHOP)

Like I said I could be wrong. My judgement was based on who owns them and how much I know has been offered for them, and a trusted opinion of a friend who has handled them and when they were collected back in the 50’s. One thing I do know is two non slouch types almost exchanged big money for them and seller backed out. I’m not a Florida collector, so your opinion weighs more than mine.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like I said I could be wrong. My judgement was based on who owns them and how much I know has been offered for them, and a trusted opinion of a friend who has handled them and when they were collected back in the 50’s. One thing I do know is two non slouch types almost exchanged big money for them and seller backed out. I’m not a Florida collector, so your opinion weighs more than mine.

Send them to Carlos Tatum, if he says they are authentic then I'll believe it. Those in your pic have to me some serious issues but it is a pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread