Interesting reading

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Very interesting column with the idea of how early the North and South America were populated.

THE FERTILE SHORE
in current edition of smithsonianmag.com SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE | January 2020

snippet of texts
the archaeological riches of the British Columbian coast reveal a key flaw in the original Bering Land Bridge theory: its bias toward an inland, rather than a marine, route.

Arriving at a cove there, Fedje recalled, they found numerous Stone Age artifacts on the cobble beach. “Like Hansel and Gretel, we followed the artifacts and found them eroding out of the creek bed,”

Upvote 0

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
"Scholars" in general : everybody talks, nobody listens. Result = multiple choice "realities." Example from the cited article :

Al Mackie said:
we know that in Japan people routinely moved back and forth from the mainland to the outer islands by boat as long ago as 30,000 to 35,000 years.”

Regarding sites in South America that date back more than 14,000 years, could humans have traveled there by boat, perhaps from Oceania? It’s a question
researchers have had to consider. But, Rick says, the theory “doesn’t pass the smell test” because it’s unlikely that people then were capable of crossing an open ocean.

Not only ignoring each other, but all of them pretending that sites like Valsiqillo that prove their whole scenario is utter crap don't exist.

Normal.

Last edited:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Well, I thought it was a great article. A decent recap of the way modern science is leaning.

Frankly speaking, it's amazing how quickly modern academic archaeology is absorbing and accepting sites, that was not the case many 15 years ago.

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
If they'd start with Calico, Hueyalatco and Valsequillo, I'd be inclined to believe they'd turned the honesty corner. Until & unless, it's another Nixonian Modified, Limited Hang Out.

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
I read that article too. It gives more than one route to the Americas. Also it proves no race is native to this continent. First people walked or navigated here from elsewhere. All persons born in an area are native. I am a Native American of English decent. Like Elizabeth Warren I am 1% first people to arrive here, according to Ancestry DNA findings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions