Years Of Experience Collecting Native American Artifacts

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is for information only, trying to get total years experience of forum.

How many years experience collecting Native American artifacts do you have?

I will start off, I started collecting in 1981 when I found my first point in a corn field.

Please end post with total years.

39 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May as well chime in.

I focus more on militaria and historical books and paper. Artifacts are a sideline for me however, I've been enjoying them as long as I can remember and watched and help my father hunt as well as buy them.

I love the varieties and unique nature of them. They are beautiful in displays whether chipped or whole. The artistry has to be appreciated.

If you ask me they display better than any other category the next closest being patches or groups of labels.

My hunting as previously stated is poor only finding a few but I unfortunately live in a time of no till farming.

I have been learning about them for 40 years but since its not a focus Ill go with

8 That being about where I would compare in knowledge with the rest of you.

I do know something good when I see it, I suppose that is enough.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was laying a natural gas service line to an industrial plant in Spartanburg SC in 1982. The plant had a field beside it and there were probably about 30 or so huge stumps that had been dumped there. I always looked for rocks in the ditches we were digging and was looking at the soil and rocks on the stumps and found a broken point in the dirt on a stump. Been looking at the ground ever since!!

38 years

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 3 very good years where I was obsessed and would hunt a lot. Now I am excited that my boys enjoy going out with me. We are hunting more which is sure nice!! I started as early as I can remember. Mom is about to pass her collection on to my brothers and I. I still feel like a kid hunting and wonder about everything. 43 years because I can't remember and age 7 seems a good starting point!

Volfannumber1

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2020
Powell, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
I generally don't use one, I primarily only hunt Native American artifacts.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been hunting Native American artifacts for going on 17 years. I went on my first hunt when I was 18 which is also the day I found my first projectile point. My mentor took me to several really large bluffs on the Cumberland Plateau in Middle Tennessee. Now I primarily hunt my home county of Anderson.

Last edited:

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
110.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread