JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys,

Picked up a pretty large estate collection of points last week. They were in cigar boxes filled to the top.

No gem mint 10 points but was fun to sift through them. I put together two large 20X14 inch cases from what I felt was worthy enough to make it into the case.

I am learning the various types but I am sure you guys that have much more time collecting would know better than me.

If anything in this case jumps out at you let me know. Just wanted some thoughts and opinions. Think I did okay on the purchase.

I was told they were from TN. Some have writing on them in marker like dates and ages I am assuming.

Thanks,

Jer

Attachments

• Points 5.jpg
    Points 5.jpg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
4th row down towards the middle looks like possibly a beaver lake or quad type. The one under it may be a sharpened down Kirk. It looks like the style and
material you would see from Tennessee . Mostly broken stuff , so it's hard to tell on most of it though. There is one on the bottom left corner that may be a Wade.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very few completely intact points in the group, mostly tips and bases. There are some interesting pieces to study in there though.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1584397248.424619.jpg
I see one with a big flute and the tombstone looking one jumps out they may be something but I can’t help with an id it’s out of my area

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Okay guys thanks for the comments.

Yeah I know pics aren't the greatest. Yes, mostly broken stuff but they still display pretty well.

Here is the other case pretty similar to the first one. I'll add some better points to the collection as I go. I have a few more to post that I picked up recently.

Jer

Attachments

• 20200316_184633.jpg
    20200316_184633.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its a shame almost all are broken. But its very nice that you thought they were important enough to put them in a frame.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone had already went through the collection and picked out all the good pieces and then sold all the broken ones. Nice study pieces. Hope you didn't pay much for them.

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm a Tennessean. i've hunted a lot, at this point i have too many rocks. the things you have posted are the pieces of what others most likely hold the missing puzzle parts to. any history???
maybe you could have a real crazy put together of pieces.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Those frames are filled with points with many bases intact, which is critical for identification. There is quite a range of beautiful lithic material to study and reference from. Maybe they are not museum grade. But, if you can nail down the region, that’s a very valuable study case.

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know... but I think broken points are just as important as whole points from a historical perspective.

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
The greatest value in that collection would be for someone in the county where they were found who was trying to assemble a representative showing of what all had been made there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread