jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Nox 800, Garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello! so to start off I'm pretty sure this is not an arrowhead, but here's the backstory.

I was metal detecting in my family's back fields which our family has owned for over 150 years. my great grandparents always found arrow heads in the fields after they would plow them up for crops, this was back when they used horse drawn plows in the late 1880s and early 1900s. where these arrowheads they found are, is a mystery, my grandmother remembers seeing them as a child but they have been lost/misplaced over time. so I was digging a target and this rock pops out that looks very symmetrical like an arrowhead but I don't really see any distinguishable tooling marks, also the end where it would attach to an arrow looks nothing like an arrowhead. so is this just a piece of rock/shale that looks like its an arrowhead? or could it possibly be an actual arrowhead. I'm located in eastern Pennsylvania less than a mile from the Delaware River if that helps. thank you in advance!

Attachments

• _DSC3382.jpg
    _DSC3382.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 93
  • _DSC3383.jpg
    _DSC3383.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 73
  • _DSC3384.jpg
    _DSC3384.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 70
  • _DSC3385.jpg
    _DSC3385.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It's not but I'd be willing to bet that you will find one if you keep working the same area where they have been found in the past. Just like you said, no tooling marks.
The only one I have ever found I found while detecting. I'm like, hey, that looks like an arrowhead. Pick it up and sure enough...

Good luck out there!

OP
OP
jangrok

jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the response! that's what I thought. finding an arrowhead is on my list of things I haven't found yet.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
just a pointy rock, when you find one, you won't have to ask!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a pointy rock, when you find one, you won't have to ask!

99.99% of the time Unclemac is correct, you want have to ask.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are right but I would have picked it up and given it a good look.

OP
OP
jangrok

jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everybody for the replies! this is why this site is amazing, there's so many people with knowledge about so many subjects, I'm always impressed when I make a post asking a question and get responses right away, Treasure net is great community.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions