sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither. Acumulation from 13000 years of ashes rocks poop etc. I think one of the main contributions to building the layers was sand carried from the creek and used to floor lodges. There was a large spring that had been dug out and a clay dam built around in paleo times. Made a very nice well and still held water.

Amazing accumulation. What's the acreage of this site?

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff Garscale!!

So when your prospecting a new place are you looking for a hill near water to start with similar to a mound?

I live in a part of Michigan with alot of native history and Im always near the Cass river, not fare from me is the oldest record of natives in Michigan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanilac_Petroglyphs_Historic_State_Park

Obviously wouldnt dig there but my CEO owns a bunch of property along the river over that way...

saucerhead

Dec 26, 2014
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the post and glad to see some Texas Flint! Post all them killers you find!
P.S. Can you P.M. me the gps coordinates to the site... :laughing7:

saucerhead

Dec 26, 2014
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would like to see the archaic points your finding in your new site. curious to the distribution of point types that you found in east texas and how the types your finding may have overlapped as you move west. Castroville, marcos, maybe a Montell or two? Heck let's see'em all!

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would like to see the archaic points your finding in your new site. curious to the distribution of point types that you found in east texas and how the types your finding may have overlapped as you move west. Castroville, marcos, maybe a Montell or two? Heck let's see'em all!
Marshall, perd, cupp, darl stemmed, ensors, corner tang, wells, bulverde, angostura, andice, Martindale Marcos, darl blades. Covington blades, Gahagan blades, Pandora blades. Base tang blades.....shrimp gumbo , coconut shrimp, boiled shrimp

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marshall, perd, cupp, darl stemmed, ensors, corner tang, wells, bulverde, angostura, andice, Martindale Marcos, darl blades. Covington blades, Gahagan blades, Pandora blades. Base tang blades.....shrimp gumbo , coconut shrimp, boiled shrimp

All Greek to a beginner. I wouldn’t know the difference between any of what you are saying.

All I know is what is pick up here from time to time when someone feels like explaining basics. I am slowing learning the difference in the general appearance of the different types of tools.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Coconut-Shrimp.jpg
    Coconut-Shrimp.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 59
  • SHRIMP-GUMBO-LEAD-1-600x840.jpg
    SHRIMP-GUMBO-LEAD-1-600x840.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Peel-and-Eat-Shrimp-how-to-boil-shrimp-old-bay-seasoning-FI.jpg
    Peel-and-Eat-Shrimp-how-to-boil-shrimp-old-bay-seasoning-FI.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well southern camo I guess you was about as surprised as I was that folks on a treasure hunting site were offended by a guy hunting treasure.. I also posted a thread about an amazing banner stone my Father found many years ago. No way to make that negative? Wrong. Folks were hurt that I called it a banner find ignoring the obvious play on words. Some were hurt that I dig. Some thought I shouldn't be allowed to find so many. Some convinced I am destroying the market...what ever that means. A guy pictures 30000 artifacts piled on a table at a flea market where the general public just pick out the Scott's bluffs to put in their goldfish bowls I guess.

While in recent days some have come around and even had pmed apologies ... The initial reaction leaves me pondering.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a complete whiny, hissy-fit, just gave my personal take on it and also as for it being mined, I very clearly THANKED him for saving these! " I appreciate that your are saving these from being lost." try reading AND comprehending before spouting your own ignorance.

And this reply shows how you really feel. You thanked me but in your opinion im a cheater? To cheat rules must be broken. In your opinion what are those broken rules? Something you just made up in your mind?

saucerhead

Dec 26, 2014
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gar, everyone is entitled to their opinion. no need to be so sensitive and get your feelings hurt. We all know it is not the number of artifacts we find, but how we feel about and appreciate the one we do find.

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gar, everyone is entitled to their opinion. no need to be so sensitive and get your feelings hurt. We all know it is not the number of artifacts we find, but how we feel about and appreciate the one we do find.
So.... Do you think a fellow who spends a lifetime developing better methods of artifact recovery and spends many thousands of dollars procuring property has a lesser appreciation for the artifact than someone that walks a field once a month? I say its just the opposite. Its implied in at least 6 post from different members that I must not appreciate the artifacts as much as a guy who finds a couple a year. That's crazy. My appreciation of the history,culture, and skills Of the natives American is exactly what drives me. Every one of those is a personal attack. Some out of ignorance but most out of jealousy. I don't mind letting a little roll off but coming to a treasure hunting site and getting that garbage really chaps my hide. I respect everyone's opinion but most if that has nothing to do with the facts of what I do. Most are just idiotic presumption stated on here as known truth.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I referred to "that's cheating" I was leaning towards being unfair in a jealous way. Having the opportunity to have my own property that had that much in artifact history, I would be in hog heaven. I know for sure that if I owned property here in Montana that had a buffalo jump on it, there would be some digging being done, no doubt about it. But as it may, I am just taking one step at a time for so many hours searching for artifacts on the surface. And I thank the Lord that I still have permission to surface hunt on a few good sites.

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Old Digger. Jealousy is what I figured. Cheating though implies an integrity issue thus the rub with me. You and I are good here and you know that.
Maybe you did conjure up images of me doing some unscrupulous things. That was fantasy though. I'm glad you and I cleared that up. There are still others pushing conjured up images. Opinions are fine. Presenting them as facts won't be tolerated if not accurate.

Jealousy is a yucky deal and its effecting otherwise rational folks. I don't get it. I'm thrilled when others find fine artifacts.

Last edited:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That particular day I ran about 200yds of dirt. Averaging better than a point per yd. That's not the highest volume dirt and would never be worth shovel digging but the quality is good and worth while with the power screen. I low balled the number some.

We have dug 1000 points per day several times.

1000 points in a day!?! I almost don't believe it! I'm new and still struggling to find a whole point. That's crazy!

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000 points in a day!?! I almost don't believe it! I'm new and still struggling to find a whole point. That's crazy!
Here was about 14 hours of digging if I remember right.

Second pic was about 16 hours

Attachments

• IMG954968.jpg
    IMG954968.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG958549-1_5.jpg
    IMG958549-1_5.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 85

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good gracious alive. Hey, I'm proud for you. What an inspiration and motivation. Can't afford to mechanize right now, but I'll definitely be trying to do more digging out at my land in the future. After all, that was the specific reason that I bought it 14 years ago. Then, life went and got it the way...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread