Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Just, WOW! And I thought it was a sick find when I found half of a point while detecting... I've tried field and creek walking a few times with no luck. To have access to someplace that would produce like that though would be a dream come true!

I see what everyone's saying about using the big digger to pull em out, if you were doing it just for the money I would agree but kudos to you if you're preserving and documenting the finds.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that quantity of artifacts being recovered each time you excavate, I have to ask what you do with everything?

Not the average collection...right?

Do the finds get cataloged by depth at which they were found? How does it get stored? Are they sold? Are they studied by universities? I understand if you prefer to not go into details. After all this thread is not about you, it’s about some finds that you shared, which I appreciate.

Very unique opportunity that most professional digs are probably not afforded due to time and funding constraints.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that quantity of artifacts being recovered each time you excavate, I have to ask what you do with everything?

Not the average collection...right?

Do the finds get cataloged by depth at which they were found? How does it get stored? Are they sold? Are they studied by universities? I understand if you prefer to not go into details. After all this thread is not about you, it’s about some finds that you shared, which I appreciate.

Very unique opportunity that most professional digs are probably not afforded due to time and funding constraints.
All of the above. Most are very common points in common condition. Rare cultures are documented through universities. Some get sold or traded. Mostly I just keep them in study groups. My collection has been used in seven thesis so far.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate taking the time to answer.

I really don’t understand the drama. Not like someone is affect anything one way or the other by stating their opinion here. The most obvious result will be for you to sign out and go elsewhere to share your finds, or simply keep it to yourself.

Do you find many personal heirloom type items? Carved bone..pipes...ornamental/ceremonial type things?

Kind of curious on the ratio of flaked tools vs stone tools such as an axe or such.

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardstone is rare here. I have several grooved axe and one banner stone. I have a very intricate carved pipe. A couple other broken clay pipes. Tons of hammerstones and some fine metates. Bow drill holed stones with polish as well as nutting anvil.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
southerncamo, please read our rules before posting as your violating them. No insults, no attacks on members.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, please post by our rules.

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that southerncamo post were removed. Maybe that is best for the site. That said I know southern camo and he is the only person to post on any of my threads so far with an actual clear understanding of how I dig. He also has the most amazing personal find collection on earth. I recognize his shock at the push back I have received on this forum. There have been several poorly veiled personal attacks since I started posting here. I struggle to understand why. Every one of the. post I have made has been with the intent to educate. Even when replying to obsurd comments. I have welcomed questions and freely answer them.

All that said there seems to be a culture of chicken crap comments followed by a smile so Every One knows you are not allowed to get "butt hurt". I may or may not hang around this site. I have little invested here but much to offer. The exact same can be said for southern camo. Its easy to picture a key board nerd typing on a forum. This is accurate in many cases however you never really know who a newbie really is.

Whether I go or stay or whether southern camo goes or stays either way... I would encourage the moderators of this site to police the subliminal insults and poorly veiled personal attacks. You just never know what that may be costing a site like this. After all we are all treasure hunters. I really enjoy seeing others find great prizes. I have no comprehension of why it would bother anyone for me to find them.

Sincerely written, Steve Barclay.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve stick around the jealousy will subside and keep posting your finds .

I agree. There are more than enough appreciative individuals here to offset any unpleasantries which should arise which, I too believe will subside. About all I can do from here is continue to express my gratitude for your sharing of those great finds with us. Your artifacts don't make me jealous; they motivate me!

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. There are more than enough appreciative individuals here to offset any unpleasantries which should arise which, I too believe will subside. About all I can do from here is continue to express my gratitude for your sharing of those great finds with us. Your artifacts don't make me jealous; they motivate me!

I have already stopped posting my finds. Its a shame southern camo wasn't around long enough for y'all to see his finds too.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Garscale, if you wanted to come in wi th bulldozers and level you site, pave it over and build a 7-11, or an Arby's on it there would be very little said. After all, that's progress and who can stand in its way. You could have some people from the local University come out and dig up 10 percent of it and call it a day. They will have supposedly learned all they need to know. This or something similar has happened to the vast majority of archeological sites and it is accepted as just the way things are. I for one, am glad to be able to see the amazing artifacts that you are finding. But I must admit to some jealosy.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already stopped posting my finds. Its a shame southern camo wasn't around long enough for y'all to see his finds too.

While I honestly appreciate the contributions (and wish there were more people doing so)...I’m NOT going to beg.

People just need to speak like they would in person and also show character when faced with challenging people instead of recoiling and retreating or over reacting. There are tons of real life people that I simply walk by shaking my head internally. Take that how you will.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I honestly appreciate the contributions (and wish there were more people doing so)...I’m NOT going to beg.

People just need to speak like they would in person and also show character when faced with challenging people instead of recoiling and retreating or over reacting. There are tons of real life people that I simply walk by shaking my head internally. Take that how you will.

I haven't retreated. I have responded over and over. Now posting new finds? Maybe later. Your begging effects me in no way.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't retreated. I have responded over and over. Now posting new finds? Maybe later. Your begging effects me in no way.

PLEEEASE give me a break ; )

Yes, I agree you have been very respectful when faced with backhanded insults...and I noticed that.

Don’t hold sharing your finds over our heads.

If people (southern camo or yourself) want to take the toys and play somewhere else....
Guess I loose out and that’s life. I’ll continue to try and learn a little bit from what’s shared here.

By the way, I appreciate what you have shared to date...only wish there was a little historical info attached. Age, culture, depth found. Etc. pictures of hundreds of arrowheads all look the same to the ignorant (me).

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I’m NOT going to beg...

Say what? Anyway, neither will I beg. I've had not one negative thing to say about your finds, veiled, overt or otherwise. I would dearly love to see more of what you're finding, but if I must be punished for the less than favorable comments of others, then so be it. I won't feel a thing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that southerncamo post were removed. Maybe that is best for the site. That said I know southern camo and he is the only person to post on any of my threads so far with an actual clear understanding of how I dig. He also has the most amazing personal find collection on earth. I recognize his shock at the push back I have received on this forum. There have been several poorly veiled personal attacks since I started posting here. I struggle to understand why. Every one of the. post I have made has been with the intent to educate. Even when replying to obsurd comments. I have welcomed questions and freely answer them.

All that said there seems to be a culture of chicken crap comments followed by a smile so Every One knows you are not allowed to get "butt hurt". I may or may not hang around this site. I have little invested here but much to offer. The exact same can be said for southern camo. Its easy to picture a key board nerd typing on a forum. This is accurate in many cases however you never really know who a newbie really is.

Whether I go or stay or whether southern camo goes or stays either way... I would encourage the moderators of this site to police the subliminal insults and poorly veiled personal attacks. You just never know what that may be costing a site like this. After all we are all treasure hunters. I really enjoy seeing others find great prizes. I have no comprehension of why it would bother anyone for me to find them.

Below each post on left side is black triangle, this is report post button, when anyone feels a post violates our rules hit the triangle and send a post report and a mod will look at post. It is impossible for mods to read every post timely or even at all.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

There was a "divide" between Arrowheadology and Treasurenet members. Some of us didn't fit there, some didn't fit here. What worked over there doesn't necessarily work here. Lots of shots were taken at Tnet members on Arrowheadology. This site is still up and running which is a huge testament to the Moderators, they have done an excellent job. They seem to have a great grasp on what does and doesn't cost this site.

I've had shots taken at me on this site so I stopped posting my new finds....nobody cared and this forum just kept chugging along just fine without me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread