146.7 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a "divide" between Arrowheadology and Treasurenet members. Some of us didn't fit there, some didn't fit here. What worked over there doesn't necessarily work here. Lots of shots were taken at Tnet members on Arrowheadology. This site is still up and running which is a huge testament to the Moderators, they have done an excellent job. They seem to have a great grasp on what does and doesn't cost this site.

I've had shots taken at me on this site so I stopped posting my new finds....nobody cared and this forum just kept chugging along just fine without me.

1320, if members report post when they are being attacked mods will check it out and if warranted will take action by removal, warnings or timeouts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way Garscale is recovering artifacts and if someone has an issue with it that is their problem, not Garscale. Members who refuse to post by the TNet rules may find they lost the ability to post.

Last edited:

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
I, for one, am here to learn as much as I can about the ancient people who inhabited this land long before us. I want to know all I can about these master craftsman/women who left these incredible artifacts behind. I feel a connection to the land and the Mother Earth when I’m out working my spots. I appreciate each and every piece I find. There are so many here who have lots to share, from different techniques and methods, or simply amazing collections they have put together over many years. I have lots to learn and I truly hope you guys can get beyond the jabs of a few, and continue to shed light on the ancients mysteries to the rest of us. Keep sharing the pics and wisdom you have from your personal expeditions looking into the past. I have no dog in this fight, just want to keep seeing the artifacts, relics, and hear the many cool stories that come along with them. That’s my two cents. Thanks again to all who share here.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
1320, if members report post when they are being attacked mods will check it out and if warranted will take action by removal, warnings or timeouts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way Garscale is recovering artifacts and if someone has an issue with it that is their problem, not Garscale. Members who refuse to post by the TNet rules may find they lost the ability to post.

I was very pleased with the Moderators in my situation, it was handled swift and decisively, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't care if you dynamite the entire site. I know for certain you cannot use a bucket or backhoe and damage less than using a hand shovel. I've been in construction all my life and when an excavation gets close to anything known to be underground it stops & the hand shoveling starts. You can backhoe/bucket load all you want but it is not a finesse machine. Some operators are really awesome but all the good ones I've seen always have a shovel behind their seat.

This statement doesn't make much sense. You're comparison of digging up a line or something with a backhoe/bucket is WAY off. Two totally different excavations. Even without knowing Garscales setup, it's easy to imagine him breaking less points by grabbing a bucket full of dirt rather than jamming a shovel in that same dirt about 500 times to remove a similar amount of dirt.

I wish people would back off....this is exactly the kind of critiquing that runs great contributors off the page.

Btw, Amazing saves Garscale! Please keep posting.

Owassokie

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This statement doesn't make much sense. You're comparison of digging up a line or something with a backhoe/bucket is WAY off. Two totally different excavations. Even without knowing Garscales setup, it's easy to imagine him breaking less points by grabbing a bucket full of dirt rather than jamming a shovel in that same dirt about 500 times to remove a similar amount of dirt.

I wish people would back off....this is exactly the kind of critiquing that runs great contributors off the page.

Btw, Amazing saves Garscale! Please keep posting.

Owassokie

I guess you're right. That's why all the carefully excavated archeological sites jump right in with a backhoe & endloader then sift out all the stuff they want. Maybe even scrape the site first with a bulldozer to get all those pesky boulders and trees out of the way. It's good ol Gar saved those nice points from a gravel mine death & like I said on his land he can do as he pleases. No one cares. Some of you are sure a thin skinned whiny bunch I'll give you that.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do not like Garscales thread then find one you like. There are many to choose from. When we built Post Oak Mall in College Station all our fill dirt for the mall was from the Brazos area. I still have fossils from those dump truck loads of dirt.Archeologist could care less about sites when they have already dug hundreds like it. Here in Tn they dig a few graves cover them up and put Fed -Ex centers on them.They say nothing new to be learned. Seen it countless times on ancient peoples and even civil war sites. Thankfully you are free to do as you please on private land.
Happy Hunting

southerncamo

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garscale the nature of what you do and what you find exceeds the importance of not rocking the delicate cradle of ignorance that some (non-specific reference but if the shoe fits wear it... etc-)wish to maintain. I hope you post every single artifact that you find, we should find, and the like. We do nothing without thought and consideration and it would be blasphemy to not share and inspire those who have the capacity and intellect to step outside the realm of their personal experience and understand both the purpose and context of what you do. If a moderator or long-standing member attacks you or I and wants to lob "butt-hurt" comments without recourse then let them, I will take it.

It is so strange to have my honest observations deleted, I suppose an attack is defined as an inconvenient truth. On a personal note if the moderator who has been offended by me would care to meet in person and dig artifacts as my guest on my land in one of the richest multigenerational camps in Texas then I will welcome you with open arms. If after engaging me in person in the realm of where and how we operate you still hold me in contempt I will apologize for my actions, until then ;););)..well just use your imagination with regard to my concern for your perception of my honest observations.

Until next time I leave you with a personally found frame of mine...TREASURE from Texas spanning 12,000 years of human occupation in the form of artifacts made from agatized palm wood, chert, flint, chalcedony, jasper, cobble, and more. Enjoy-JMW
IMG-4887.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
southerncamo, your original comments in question were deleted because you and a member were arguing and attacking each other, both yours and his were deleted, if that offends you I am sorry, but we do not allow members to attack, insult and argue in open forums and posts that violate our rules are deleted.

You were not locked out, banned or timed out, I simply asked you to read our rules was all. If a member feels attacked there is a small black triangle on lower left of each post, it is the report button, click on it and send a report and a mod will look at the post to see if it violates our rules, dont answer the post by attacking back as it then also violates our rules and will be deleted along with reported post if it violated our rules. I was not offended in the manner Garscale recovered artifacts, in fact I defended it.

if you want your named changed let me know and we can have it changed and keep your original posts.

let's move on from here and enjoy saving, preserving and seeing artifacts...:icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garscale the nature of what you do and what you find exceeds the importance of not rocking the delicate cradle of ignorance that some (non-specific reference but if the shoe fits wear it... etc-)wish to maintain. I hope you post every single artifact that you find, we should find, and the like. We do nothing without thought and consideration and it would be blasphemy to not share and inspire those who have the capacity and intellect to step outside the realm of their personal experience and understand both the purpose and context of what you do. If a moderator or long-standing member attacks you or I and wants to lob "butt-hurt" comments without recourse then let them, I will take it.

It is so strange to have my honest observations deleted, I suppose an attack is defined as an inconvenient truth. On a personal note if the moderator who has been offended by me would care to meet in person and dig artifacts as my guest on my land in one of the richest multigenerational camps in Texas then I will welcome you with open arms. If after engaging me in person in the realm of where and how we operate you still hold me in contempt I will apologize for my actions, until then ;););)..well just use your imagination with regard to my concern for your perception of my honest observations.

Until next time I leave you with a personally found frame of mine...TREASURE from Texas spanning 12,000 years of human occupation in the form of artifacts made from agatized palm wood, chert, flint, chalcedony, jasper, cobble, and more. Enjoy-JMW
View attachment 1840176

Well spoken. Wonderful frame. Would love to see more.

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great frame Justin. The scale is a little lost in the pic because that's a huge, over size frame. I really enjoyed revisiting a bunch of those artifacts Saturday. You have a dream collection. As a life long hunter I'm astounded at how fast you got there. I have said it before but it bears saying again.... I believe you have the finest personal find collection in North America

Fyi... I explored a different site on the same trinity property yesterday. Found about 75 in two hours. That was just getting it dialed in. I foresee a pile of flint

Last edited:

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow killer stuff.... I wonder how my wife feels about east Texas :laughing7:

My uncle had a place in Grapeland, but I never thought to look around much at the time

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow killer stuff.... I wonder how my wife feels about east Texas :laughing7:

My uncle had a place in Grapeland, but I never thought to look around much at the time
Great area if there was running wAter

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fyi... I explored a different site on the same trinity property yesterday. Found about 75 in two hours. That was just getting it dialed in. I foresee a pile of flint

Boy did I call this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread