Native American Lithic Pendant Rattlesnake Effigy - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Native American Lithic Pendant Rattlesnake Effigy

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    121
    108 times
    Colonial & Revolutionary War period militaria, artifacts and ephemera +!
    I wouldn't blow 10k on a possibly dodgy item. But I'm willing to spend a few hundred on a 'what if?' Sometimes it pays off, and I end up with a very desirable item. Sometimes I'm suckered with a rock someone chiseled into a Native American gorget on their work table in the garage...lol I still retain a 5% hope it's real. But hope springs eternal.
    H.P. likes this.

  2. #32
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    195
    609 times
    Arrowheads pottery
    It looks like it was made with a Dremel tool,, a common quick and easy method,imo.
    jacobgosling and Tnmountains like this.

  3. #33
    us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    121
    108 times
    Colonial & Revolutionary War period militaria, artifacts and ephemera +!
    I suspect the seller purchased this gorget for 5 dollars at a Swap Meet, and then sat on it until a sucker with fat pockets fell into his trap...lol

  4. #34
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    17,720
    9415 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You can see the chatter marks on the back of it in the groove. I get those often when forging out a knife and then trying to sand it smooth. They are hard to get out and sometimes you just leave them like they did here. Never seen an engraved celt of greenstone.
    E-bay is a mess. Some guys are digging up a lot of my sites and selling the stuff on e-bay. They just say Alabama. I surface hunt but they are digging hard and now they are picking up all the broken pottery of any size. I do hope to catch them and confront them. Maybe they will see my post here,,,,
    jacobgosling, Charl and MAMucker like this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

    All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

  5. #35
    us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    121
    108 times
    Colonial & Revolutionary War period militaria, artifacts and ephemera +!
    CC: tnmountains

    I've only been on ebay about six months. In the beginning, I let my enthusiasm get the better of my best judgement. I'm a quick learner, and I've grown cautious and patient. I do my research before hitting that 'buy now' or 'bid' button.

    ebay really is a Wild West sort of atmosphere for the buyer, where Caviat Emptor rings true. ebay doesn't seem to care if sellers are ripping off buyers, so long as they get their cut. Both buyer and seller seem terrified to leave negative feedback. 40% of sellers leave me no feedback, and I leave no feedback for sellers who don't leave feedback for me. Once I pay for the item, I have met my obligation, and the ball's in the seller's court to leave feedback. The buyer should never go first.

    I have a low opinion of relic hunters who care nothing about an item's historic value, and are only out to make a quick buck by looting a site. I hope you resolve your problem to your satisfaction.

    The people who loot Native American artifacts and leave behind a trail of wreckage and destruction are the worst!

    JG
    Tnmountains and MAMucker like this.
    A discussion is not a discussion when it begins and ends with '1' opinion.

  6. #36

    May 2008
    XP Deus
    1,118
    1111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dognose View Post
    Just going to throw this out there --- I think I recall seeing this item posted here a long time ago. Maybe by the account Sunnyside or mogi.


    I recall the images and the interesting combo of a celt like bit area with a groove similar to what would have been made with a a grinding wheel.
    I almost miss not having Mogi around. He made trolling an art form.

  7. #37
    us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    121
    108 times
    Colonial & Revolutionary War period militaria, artifacts and ephemera +!
    Just going to throw this out there --- I think I recall seeing this item posted here a long time ago. Maybe by the account Sunnyside or mogi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
    I almost miss not having Mogi around. He made trolling an art form.
    This isn't a troll or a hoax. I really won this 'thing' in an auction three or four months ago. It stops with me. I don't have it in me to pass this on to another sucker...lol

    JG
    Tnmountains likes this.
    A discussion is not a discussion when it begins and ends with '1' opinion.

  8. #38
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    17,720
    9415 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobgosling View Post
    CC: tnmountains

    I've only been on ebay about six months. In the beginning, I let my enthusiasm get the better of my best judgement. I'm a quick learner, and I've grown cautious and patient. I do my research before hitting that 'buy now' or 'bid' button.

    ebay really is a Wild West sort of atmosphere for the buyer, where Caviat Emptor rings true. ebay doesn't seem to care if sellers are ripping off buyers, so long as they get their cut. Both buyer and seller seem terrified to leave negative feedback. 40% of sellers leave me no feedback, and I leave no feedback for sellers who don't leave feedback for me. Once I pay for the item, I have met my obligation, and the ball's in the seller's court to leave feedback. The buyer should never go first.

    I have a low opinion of relic hunters who care nothing about an item's historic value, and are only out to make a quick buck by looting a site. I hope you resolve your problem to your satisfaction.

    The people who loot Native American artifacts and leave behind a trail of wreckage and destruction are the worst!

    JG
    Things always work out in the end. E-Bay is about the worst for artifacts but there are other auctions out there and am sure some members can mention a few reputable ones for good artifacts. The only time I have bought was years ago when Uniface and I would watch a couple on e-bay and bid on them to see if they were real. They were not and they are now in a planter out in the yard. I know a fantastic surface hunter that has found 20x what I have and he has sold every piece. Very knowledgable about everything. He has hunted 40 years hard. To each there own is my motto. I dig shelters with permission. Some dig mounds with out permission. Those are the ones I do not care to associate with.
    Good luck in all your hunts.
    jacobgosling, MAMucker and uniface like this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

    All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

  9. #39

    May 2008
    XP Deus
    1,118
    1111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobgosling View Post
    This isn't a troll or a hoax. I really won this 'thing' in an auction three or four months ago. It stops with me. I don't have it in me to pass this on to another sucker...lol

    JG
    Jacob, no way was I implying this was a troll. A poster mentioned Mogi and I commented on that. If TNet hasn't deleted his posts, it's worth checking them out. They were entertaining. Some of the stuff he was claiming were finds of his was absurd.
    Tnmountains likes this.

  10. #40
    us
    Jun 2020
    Nova Caesarea
    121
    108 times
    Colonial & Revolutionary War period militaria, artifacts and ephemera +!
    CC: Jeff H

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
    Jacob, no way was I implying this was a troll. A poster mentioned Mogi and I commented on that. If TNet hasn't deleted his posts, it's worth checking them out. They were entertaining. Some of the stuff he was claiming were finds of his was absurd.

    Mogi must have made an impression on the TN Administrators, because I seem to recall that posting "fake discoveries" is a violation in the terms of service here...lol

    I have a wicked sense of humour. Mogi sounds like a character I'd enjoy. Was he claiming to have discovered King Tut's golden death mask or something?

    Best regards,

    JG
    A discussion is not a discussion when it begins and ends with '1' opinion.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Native American Frog Effigy
    By T.C. in forum Non-sense
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2018, 07:30 PM
  2. NATIVE AMERICAN EFFIGY??
    By jthrasher in forum Geofact
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 18, 2018, 10:56 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 14, 2018, 08:50 PM
  4. ok..not native american but...effigy
    By unclemac in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 07, 2017, 11:37 AM
  5. 1600s Native American relics. Effigy figure?
    By thebmasur in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 09, 2017, 09:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0