Hey Guys looking for a legit COA

OP
OP
D
Sep 18, 2008
Hello
My apologies but I dont show and tell.keeping good records ans having respectable COA's has always been my way on my better finds...helps with selling off if thats what the kids decide to do....
Been years since I have hunted...whats the 1st and 2nd edition of Overstreets price guide going for these days?...Greatly appreciate the (Good) info...DW

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
My apologies but I dont show and tell...

My apologies as well, but no one asked you to "tell" us anything, but "don't show"? This would be one pitiful website, and probably long defunct, if everyone felt that way.

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"found a flute recently" "been years since i've hunted" ?? "i don't show and tell"

maybe this means the op made an acquisition that better judgement or gut says might be off?

OP
OP
D
Sep 18, 2008
Hey Guys
If I had known I was going to offend or the question was going to cause negativity I would have never asked my honest question...
I dont show & tell ..FB or any of that other stuff...just old school..early 70's...
Again thank You for Your time in replying on a respectable COA (er)..
I want bother You chaps again...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys
If I had known I was going to offend or the question was going to cause negativity I would have never asked my honest question...
I dont show & tell ..FB or any of that other stuff...just old school..early 70's...
Again thank You for Your time in replying on a respectable COA (er)..
I want bother You chaps again...

You haven't offended anyone and broke no rules.

907_Digger

Greenie
Nov 12, 2019
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter,Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the ignorance but what is a COA and also overstreets thx for info

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the ignorance but what is a COA and also overstreets thx for info

COA = Certificate of Authenticity

Overstreet is short for “The Official Overstreet Indian Arrowheads and Price Guide”. It’s a book that can help collectors determine types and value ranges for Native American arrowheads and some other tools. It’s on the 15th Edition now.

uniface,

Would you please pass the popcorn?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a weird thread.

I find it weird that some people will sell their integrity by putting COA and their reputation on anything under the sun simply for a few dollars. I also find it weird how easily offended some people are. I also find it weird that we only breathe through one nostril at a time and they switch every two hours. Have you ever been sick and one nostril is totally plugged and the other is flowing freely and then there's pop inside your head and the plugged one starts flowing fine and the other shuts down?? What's that about??

But anyway, back to flutes... Here's a tool that my wife found with what I consider a pseudoflute. I really like these reworked, weirdo pieces... I've posted this one before. I think that it's right side up, but it could be upside down. The two notches along the lower sides are deliberate. The patina is different on the top half and it's sharp as can be, but it could have been halfted either way I suppose. Personally, I think that it was a turkeytail that got re-worked.

IMG_E1063.JPG

Whatever, hopefully dewayne will come back and share some of his collection with us. I totally get the Facebook thing though... I don't do Facebook either.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m an old school collector from the seventies, that was not a time of secrecy, it was the Wild West every collector I knew was proudly sharing... a word to the wise, it doesn’t matter what that COA says, or if an item is worth a bunch or little, chances are the kids will probably give em away, or maybe not, just a thought..You might wanna sell it now and buy something nice for yourself,Lol.

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
That reminds me of what Lar Hothem used to say about the way artifact nuts were viewed in the 1950s -- "He's a decent guy, but he collects arrowheads." As people who weren't wrapped real tight. And if you wanted, you could probably make a case for that today too.
:laughing7:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
COA = Certificate of Authenticity

Overstreet is short for “The Official Overstreet Indian Arrowheads and Price Guide”. It’s a book that can help collectors determine types and value ranges for Native American arrowheads and some other tools. It’s on the 15th Edition now.

uniface,

Would you please pass the popcorn?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

I knapped for 22 yrs. and couldn't wait until the new Overstreet book came out so I could look and see how many of my points were pictured there. In other words, his books are full of fakes. Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions