Happy New Year 2021

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think for everyone it's been a hell of a year. I hope everyone is still with us and Covid free, I've been teleworking since the end of March and so far haven't been sick and hope to stay well so I can retire in April. The bridge washed out from one of those hurricanes in November, maybe Eta? I can't remember it's name. We got 8 inches of rain. Bad thing is not only did it wash the bridge away it washed a ton of gravel from the road and covered the artifacts so since that happened I have only found 2 pottery shards and both all the way downstream away from the bridge so I guess that's the new hot spot and better than nothing lol Attaching pics of the bridge and one of the shards. Happy New Year and happy hunting!
bridge 2.jpg Bridge.jpg shard outside.jpg

Upvote 0

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year! :occasion14:

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy new year ! The same thing happened to our road sort of culvert collapse .

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll find something, girl!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Peaches. You'll just have to look a little harder! I can relate to the high water. Our creek went over the new bridge,, that was built because the water kept going over the old bridge:dontknow:

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Earlier in year contributed to a friend here in McDowell who had same thing happen. Sorry for your loss, friend also had a vehicle on wrong side of washout. You must have been close to where those folks lost their lives at the campground.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier in year contributed to a friend here in McDowell who had same thing happen. Sorry for your loss, friend also had a vehicle on wrong side of washout. You must have been close to where those folks lost their lives at the campground.

That was terrible about that campground wasn't it? I'm in Burke so about 50 miles from Alexander where that happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread