Frame #28-29
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree33Likes
  • 14 Post By H.P.
  • 3 Post By H.P.
  • 1 Post By newnan man
  • 1 Post By H.P.
  • 2 Post By H.P.
  • 5 Post By H.P.
  • 1 Post By Fat
  • 3 Post By newnan man
  • 1 Post By newnan man
  • 2 Post By newnan man

Thread: Frame #28-29

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    570
    1609 times
    Arrowheads pottery

    Frame #28-29

    Fossil shark tooth tools, shell beads, modified fossil bone, shell pendant and steatite banner stone...West central Florida Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7B25EAC-AEAF-4CA6-AD73-5738A988A05D.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	1893332Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49AC3C46-3078-46B8-BF8B-0CE3E7480DF3.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	1893333

  2. #2
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,223
    1912 times
    Relic Hunting
    I only found small shark's teeth, I used to go to Venice Beach and look. I met a guy there once that told me he would go out and hand sift the sandbars approximately 100 yards out. He showed me some of his finds, pretty good condition large teeth, bone, ect... I probably would've done it but not too long after that was when I started finding artifact sites
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  3. #3
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    570
    1609 times
    Arrowheads pottery
    Quote Originally Posted by antmike915 View Post
    I only found small shark's teeth, I used to go to Venice Beach and look. I met a guy there once that told me he would go out and hand sift the sandbars approximately 100 yards out. He showed me some of his finds, pretty good condition large teeth, bone, ect... I probably would've done it but not too long after that was when I started finding artifact sites
    Thanks, I never could bring myself to hunt south of the skyway, it’s a point starved area.

  4. #4
    us
    Jul 2020
    Missouri
    261
    252 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Very cool frames and great lay out. So those shark tooths are artifacts to the N. A. Indians?
    U must have a fortune invested in red fabric.

  5. #5
    us
    Treasure every day!

    Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2,077
    3146 times
    Relic Hunting
    I have literally thousands of sharks teeth from the Venice area along with various fossil bone pieces. A few are fairly large Megs. Never found anything NA related but there was a large NA presence in the area. That banner stone is super rare here in Florida, great find.
    antmike915 likes this.
    It would seem we are now up a famous tributary without any means of locomotion.

  6. #6
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    570
    1609 times
    Arrowheads pottery
    Quote Originally Posted by antmike915 View Post
    I only found small shark's teeth, I used to go to Venice Beach and look. I met a guy there once that told me he would go out and hand sift the sandbars approximately 100 yards out. He showed me some of his finds, pretty good condition large teeth, bone, ect... I probably would've done it but not too long after that was when I started finding artifact sites
    Folks down that way have em by the jar full, I guess it’s ok to get em from the Peace river, just, if you find an arrowhead thro it back,Lol.
    antmike915 likes this.

  7. #7
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    570
    1609 times
    Arrowheads pottery
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaws15 View Post
    Very cool frames and great lay out. So those shark tooths are artifacts to the N. A. Indians?
    U must have a fortune invested in red fabric.
    Big time tools...Look up Key Marco, Frank Hamilton Cushing it will change the way you think about artifacts and hafting methods...If your serious about artifacts this is a must, you’ll learn more in one hour than a lifetime trying to figure things out, thanks for comments.
    outlaws15 and uniface like this.

  8. #8
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    570
    1609 times
    Arrowheads pottery
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan man View Post
    I have literally thousands of sharks teeth from the Venice area along with various fossil bone pieces. A few are fairly large Megs. Never found anything NA related but there was a large NA presence in the area. That banner stone is super rare here in Florida, great find.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1B5D151F-BEB3-4232-A3AD-CFC772F108F7.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	1893377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3CD02250-B718-4A5C-A0F4-BD098AE1388C.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	1893376...banner and bowl found together on Weeden Island in 81
    antmike915, uniface, Tdog and 2 others like this.

  9. #9
    Fat
    Fat is offline
    us
    Mr. finishup all the leftovers

    Oct 2020
    Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
    I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
    751
    2076 times
    Dark skinned women digging there toes in white sugar sand beaches
    I have found small sharks just N of down town Omaha along Missouri river.

    I remember that bowl. I think I like it more every time I see it.
    H.P. likes this.

  10. #10
    us
    Treasure every day!

    Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2,077
    3146 times
    Relic Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200617_111658.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	1893452
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200730_080456.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	712.2 KB 
ID:	1893453
    This Meg was found by one of my workers on a job site in Sarasota this past summer. I found this really rough Simpson on the same site. Close to the water. Several sharks teeth and 1 more point were found there.
    antmike915, H.P. and uniface like this.
    It would seem we are now up a famous tributary without any means of locomotion.

  11. #11
    us
    H.P.

    Aug 2020
    Safety Harbor Florida
    570
    1609 times
    Arrowheads pottery
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan man View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200617_111658.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	1893452
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200730_080456.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	712.2 KB 
ID:	1893453
    This Meg was found by one of my workers on a job site in Sarasota this past summer. I found this really rough Simpson on the same site. Close to the water. Several sharks teeth and 1 more point were found there.
    Really cool finds, wow, that’s gotta be the farthest south a Simpson has ever been found, makes you wonder what happened that he never finished it.

  12. #12
    us
    Treasure every day!

    Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2,077
    3146 times
    Relic Hunting
    It's full of stacks and inclusions. Really bad piece of material. It may not be a Simpson but I gave it a second look & it was kind of Simpson looking.
    H.P. likes this.
    It would seem we are now up a famous tributary without any means of locomotion.

  13. #13
    us
    Treasure every day!

    Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2,077
    3146 times
    Relic Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	546.7 KB 
ID:	1893583
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200909_104809.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	1893584
    Another nice tooth & chipped point found on the same worksite. Very near Selby Gardens.
    uniface and H.P. like this.
    It would seem we are now up a famous tributary without any means of locomotion.

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Frame
    By monsterrack in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2017, 02:48 PM
  2. 2 more for my frame
    By rock in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2014, 09:49 PM
  3. Another frame
    By Kevin in IN in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 17, 2014, 07:05 AM
  4. My new frame
    By painterx7 in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2013, 10:59 AM
  5. e notch frame and adena frame
    By trevmma in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Sep 13, 2011, 10:15 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0