Frame #28-29

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Fossil shark tooth tools, shell beads, modified fossil bone, shell pendant and steatite banner stone...West central Florida B7B25EAC-AEAF-4CA6-AD73-5738A988A05D.jpeg 49AC3C46-3078-46B8-BF8B-0CE3E7480DF3.jpeg

Upvote 0

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I only found small shark's teeth, I used to go to Venice Beach and look. I met a guy there once that told me he would go out and hand sift the sandbars approximately 100 yards out. He showed me some of his finds, pretty good condition large teeth, bone, ect... I probably would've done it but not too long after that was when I started finding artifact sites

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I only found small shark's teeth, I used to go to Venice Beach and look. I met a guy there once that told me he would go out and hand sift the sandbars approximately 100 yards out. He showed me some of his finds, pretty good condition large teeth, bone, ect... I probably would've done it but not too long after that was when I started finding artifact sites
Thanks, I never could bring myself to hunt south of the skyway, it’s a point starved area.

outlaws15

Jul 1, 2020
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool frames and great lay out. So those shark tooths are artifacts to the N. A. Indians?
U must have a fortune invested in red fabric.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have literally thousands of sharks teeth from the Venice area along with various fossil bone pieces. A few are fairly large Megs. Never found anything NA related but there was a large NA presence in the area. That banner stone is super rare here in Florida, great find.

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks down that way have em by the jar full, I guess it’s ok to get em from the Peace river, just, if you find an arrowhead thro it back,Lol.

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool frames and great lay out. So those shark tooths are artifacts to the N. A. Indians?
U must have a fortune invested in red fabric.
Big time tools...Look up Key Marco, Frank Hamilton Cushing it will change the way you think about artifacts and hafting methods...If your serious about artifacts this is a must, you’ll learn more in one hour than a lifetime trying to figure things out, thanks for comments.

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have literally thousands of sharks teeth from the Venice area along with various fossil bone pieces. A few are fairly large Megs. Never found anything NA related but there was a large NA presence in the area. That banner stone is super rare here in Florida, great find.
1B5D151F-BEB3-4232-A3AD-CFC772F108F7.jpeg 3CD02250-B718-4A5C-A0F4-BD098AE1388C.jpeg ...banner and bowl found together on Weeden Island in 81

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found small sharks just N of down town Omaha along Missouri river.

I remember that bowl. I think I like it more every time I see it.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20200617_111658.jpg
20200730_080456.jpg
This Meg was found by one of my workers on a job site in Sarasota this past summer. I found this really rough Simpson on the same site. Close to the water. Several sharks teeth and 1 more point were found there.

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1893452
View attachment 1893453
This Meg was found by one of my workers on a job site in Sarasota this past summer. I found this really rough Simpson on the same site. Close to the water. Several sharks teeth and 1 more point were found there.
Really cool finds, wow, that’s gotta be the farthest south a Simpson has ever been found, makes you wonder what happened that he never finished it.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's full of stacks and inclusions. Really bad piece of material. It may not be a Simpson but I gave it a second look & it was kind of Simpson looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread