Any thoughts on this...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on this...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting

    Question Any thoughts on this...

    1 7/8 by 1 3/8 Stewart County Georgia field find. Too be honest I don't remember if I have posted this here before. Any thoughts on type? The base is slightly ground if that makes any sense. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_010001.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	1894827
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005743.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	1894829
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005808.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	1894831
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005830.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	982.0 KB 
ID:	1894832
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005853.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	1894833
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005914.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	1894834
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005937.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	1894835
    pepperj, SD51, GaRebel1861 and 8 others like this.
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  2. #2
    Charter Member

    May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1,954
    2729 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by antmike915 View Post
    1 7/8 by 1 3/8 Stewart County Georgia field find. Too be honest I don't remember if I have posted this here before. Any thoughts on type? The base is slightly ground if that makes any sense. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_010001.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	1894827
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005743.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	1894829
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005808.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	1894831
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005830.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	982.0 KB 
ID:	1894832
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005853.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	1894833
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005914.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	1894834
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_005937.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	1894835
    Looks kinda like a PNW Columbia Mule Ear...JMHO...very nice!
    antmike915 and khestee like this.

  3. #3
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Looks kinda like a PNW Columbia Mule Ear...JMHO...very nice!
    Thanks T.C. I've never heard of that type before until now. Definitely not found in my areas but cool to read up on it.
    T.C. likes this.
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  4. #4
    us
    Treasure every day!

    Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2,274
    3665 times
    Relic Hunting
    May have strated out as something else and after it broke was refurbished into that little knife. Lots more knowledgeable people than me will help out soon.
    antmike915, MAMucker and Slug like this.
    It would seem we are now up a famous tributary without any means of locomotion.

  5. #5
    Fat
    Fat is online now
    us
    Mr. finishup all the leftovers

    Oct 2020
    Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
    I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
    1,113
    3145 times
    Dark skinned women digging there toes in white sugar sand beaches
    I think I love it, no I’m sure, whatever it is.
    antmike915 likes this.

  6. #6
    us
    Apr 2009
    Indiana
    Fisher F70
    1,358
    2972 times
    to me, it looks like an exhausted dalton point.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-01-18_6-06-30.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	622.8 KB 
ID:	1894864
    It appears to have hafting shoulders, and not sure but from the shadows, looks to be somewhat beveled.

  7. #7
    us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    4,101
    6177 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My first thought was Dalton, too.
    antmike915 and MAMucker like this.

  8. #8
    us
    Banjo Man

    May 2019
    East Central Alabama
    1,838
    2800 times
    Relic Hunting
    I agree w/exhausted Dalton.
    antmike915 and MAMucker like this.

    Savant Banjo Picker

  9. #9
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dognose View Post
    to me, it looks like an exhausted dalton point.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-01-18_6-06-30.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	622.8 KB 
ID:	1894864
    It appears to have hafting shoulders, and not sure but from the shadows, looks to be somewhat beveled.
    Thanks dog,, It is slightly beveled
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  10. #10
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdog View Post
    I agree w/exhausted Dalton.
    Thanks Tdog, after doing some research I agree. It's cool to find out things you have that you didn't know you have.
    Tdog likes this.
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  11. #11
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat View Post
    I think I love it, no I’m sure, whatever it is.
    Thanks for checking it out Fat
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  12. #12
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sandchip View Post
    My first thought was Dalton, too.
    Thanks sand
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  13. #13
    us
    Mike

    Apr 2020
    Columbus, GA
    1,342
    2154 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan man View Post
    May have strated out as something else and after it broke was refurbished into that little knife. Lots more knowledgeable people than me will help out soon.
    Thanks Newnan, it's definitely a well used unique find.
    🐜 🎤 Columbus, Georgia

  14. #14
    us
    Banjo Man

    May 2019
    East Central Alabama
    1,838
    2800 times
    Relic Hunting
    Over the years, I've noticed that many Daltons (and others too) appear to have been resharpened while still hafted. dognose's observation in post #6 (that the base has not been rechipped) further lends credibility to this.

    Savant Banjo Picker

  15. #15
    us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

    Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
    1,510
    1864 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice! I like it a lot!
    antmike915 likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. thoughts please..
    By fuzzy535 in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2015, 06:48 PM
  2. Any thoughts as what this went too
    By 3RINGER in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2015, 05:22 AM
  3. THOUGHTS...
    By CASPER-2 in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2015, 03:36 PM
  4. IMAGES provoke thoughts, first thoughts
    By Frankn in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
  5. ANY THOUGHTS?
    By engine 823 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2010, 11:47 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0