Interesting piece of chert.

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you all think of this star shaped piece of chert I found? Spokeshave, scraper, multi tool or just some debitage? Approximately 1.5? across and .5? thick in the middle. The edges are still sharp. As always, I appreciate the info and input. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1631499814.325088.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1631499833.992549.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1631499849.143550.jpg

Upvote 0

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi My Fellow TH'er
That is one nice piece. Do you think it was used in a flint lock rifle/pistol? I found one some years ago with a piece of lead wrapped around it. I was found on a very one Revolutionary War site. Congrats on the find! ;-)

OP
OP
CHUDs

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi My Fellow TH'er
That is one nice piece. Do you think it was used in a flint lock rifle/pistol? I found one some years ago with a piece of lead wrapped around it. I was found on a very one Revolutionary War site. Congrats on the find! ;-)

I don?t think it?s a gun flint. I got some a few years back and they are not similar. This was also found a site I?ve hunted for a few years.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks similar in shape to a Jacks Reef pentagonal.Fun piece to study and at this "point" guess at! lol

OP
OP
CHUDs

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks similar in shape to a Jacks Reef pentagonal.Fun piece to study and at this "point" guess at! lol

I never even thought that it may be a point
Interesting TNmountains...I?ll look into it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHUDs

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be fire popped but most chert I?ve seen that has gone into a fire changes color and texture. This is exactly like the other chert I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions