OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
3rdof8 said:
do you know much about the history of the farm area?

Well as a child there was a mound in the middle of the field , close to the river. The crops would not grow well in this area. Very oily. My father said they kept the fire going there. Skinned alot and cooked alot around this area. All I know is I am able to walk the field at anytime and find artifacts :)

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CarolinaDigs said:
3rdof8 said:

Well as a child there was a mound in the middle of the field , close to the river. The crops would not grow well in this area. Very oily. My father said they kept the fire going there. Skinned alot and cooked alot around this area. All I know is I am able to walk the field at anytime and find artifacts :)
Wow ... that sounds like such an interesting site ... wishing you continued good hunting!

OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
JimBeHuntin' said:
CarolinaDigs said:
3rdof8 said:

Wow ... that sounds like such an interesting site ... wishing you continued good hunting!

Thank you Jim :)

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to have to go South to hunt, pickaway will have to come too, not as far South as you CD, but it is worth the drive, we don't find any pottery round here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread