Boxing Day Finds...and a couple Whatsits

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a winter storm forcast for the area so I headed out to the campsite for one more hunt before the snow returned. I focused on a new area of the field and was not disapointed. First pic is a group of scrapersm all broken except for the large quartzite piece.

The next two pics are mysteries to me. THey looked like they have been worked but I have no idea what they could be...if anything. Anyone have any idea?

The last pic was the find of the day. It was sticking straight out of the ground. I've got to start taking my camera for some insitus. It is made out of quartz as are most of the points from this area. The side break has been reworked so I am going to assume that the tip break is old.

This field has been hunted for over 60 years so I am always happy to find an almost complete point. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• BD Points 003.jpg
    BD Points 003.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 271
  • BD Points 006.jpg
    BD Points 006.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 277
  • BD Points 008.jpg
    BD Points 008.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 266
  • BD Points 010.jpg
    BD Points 010.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
romeo-1 said:
There is a winter storm forcast for the area so I headed out to the campsite for one more hunt before the snow returned. I focused on a new area of the field and was not disapointed. First pic is a group of scrapersm all broken except for the large quartzite piece.

The next two pics are mysteries to me. THey looked like they have been worked but I have no idea what they could be...if anything. Anyone have any idea?

The last pic was the find of the day. It was sticking straight out of the ground. I've got to start taking my camera for some insitus. It is made out of quartz as are most of the points from this area. The side break has been reworked so I am going to assume that the tip break is old.

This field has been hunted for over 60 years so I am always happy to find an almost complete point. Thanks for looking.
ANCIENT SHOE SPOON?Nice little scrapers and the quartz point is nice even broke jmo other is a geofact.
Jeff

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I should mention that pics 2 and 3 are of two seperate items. Pic 3 I am almost sure is a geofact but pic 2 has me wondering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread