Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all,

friendshowed me arrowhead, and pottery pieces they found on their family land, they have been there for over 3 generations. any thoughts on the arrowhead, shard pieces are too small or broken to be able to analyze.

000_0010.jpg

000_0008.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they live in South georgia, we are going out there tommorrow to do some MD'ing...gregg

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was found awhile ago, i asked her about it, their family had found alot more years ago, but thats what her husband had kept, they also have alot of history in that area..will post anything else we find ...gregg

thanks for the comment.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Gregg, I live in South Ga. I have some points that look like that one. It most like is by Creek Indians or Seminole (sp).
Notice the notch on the upper right side.....many Indians would notch their work I was told. Nice find. There are more where that came from. Look forward to seeing your finds. After those two days of rain last week you may get lucky.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks....we are heading out there shortly...gregg

will let you know what we find..

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Kirk stemmed point there ocala6.I have found a few of those over the years.That's a keeper for sure.Go find some more.

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Greg...pottery is a great indicator of the age of the site, even though the pieces are small the material used to temper them can help age the site. Pottery that is tempered or mixed with small crushed rock or grit is usually older than that tempered with clam or mussel shells. Crush up one of the smaller pieces and see what it`s made from. The point looks like an Adena Robbins but there are many stemmed varieties that are similar like Alachua in your area. Just guessing but I bet the pottery is grit tempered.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone, these were found in georgia a few years back by friends husband, they were all over the familys property, now on her land i have found old lock, and a few other things, she knows of old homestead being there before they bought and redid the land to put house there, looking forward to goingthere this weekend again, just found a bunch of junk last time we went, and a few newer clad....gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread