Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmountains, I know an "arrowhead", but what am I looking at in your pics? Here on the East Coast we don't have anything like that. I've not seen them before.

Knapped exotics from Central America. They have a red dust on them called cinnabar. It is a type of mercury that was used in burials, ceramics and jewelry in ancient cultures. These particular pieces were in a friend of mines collection. I know the Smithsonian viewed them and wanted them as they are some of the finest flint work they had seen. He died. I am unsure where they went. I assume they were real as he would always point out the items he got burned on. I want to say Mayan,,, possibly Aztec. I forget which.
Maybe Joshuaream or Grim or some of the more knowledgeable then me might recognize them. I will look at my notes and see if I wrote anything down.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I knew they weren't from around these here parts! I have recently come across some 17th century trade items! That's been a blast. My Deus sucks them out of the ground at depth. I have found the trade items now in four states over the last 2 years! Who would have thought?

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mesa Verde Colorado shell or bone ?

Attachments

• P4292006.JPG
    P4292006.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

Rodneyp75

Dec 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1704479 nice find ,here's 1 I found at the Runion home site on the nolichucky river here in northeast Tn.

This looks a lot like the one I found when I was about 12 years old between Cherokee, NC and Bryson City, NC. My dad was fishing and I was playing near a small creek gathering rocks to build a small dam. It was buried about 6-8” I found it when pulling up a big rock. We took it to someone to look at in Cherokee to figure out what I found, I think it was the museum. They immediately said it was fake without looking at it, but when I told him how I found it he looked at it closer and was much more interested. He looked at it under a microscope and said it was not carved by modern tools and the carving marks were not recently done. The carving marks match arrowheads found in the area 400-500 years ago.

He asked more than once if I found it on the reservation which I did not. He then ask if I wanted to donate it to the museum, but I wanted to keep this it was the first thing I had found like this. He then offered to buy it and my dad stepped in and said we are going to hold onto it. I still have it 30 years later. I have it boxed up somewhere at my parents or my house and have not touched it in 20 years. Once I run across it again I plan to take it back to the reservation and donate it to their museum.

I know there are real ones because there was no way what I found was planted in this location.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny it’s been bumped so recently I’m about to bump it again, was told about an arrowhead collection at a local business I looked at it on my lunch break the effigies made me suspicious of the authenticity of the rest although I’d say most seem fine… any opinions on these? Not necessarily asking if all are fake but more opinions on these. I had heard all were fakes but reading this thread makes me wonder… also happened to see some very similar artifacts already posted.
IMG_9536.jpeg
IMG_9535.jpeg
IMG_9530.jpeg

Here’s previous posts
IMG_9542.jpeg
IMG_9541.jpeg

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny it’s been bumped so recently I’m about to bump it again, was told about an arrowhead collection at a local business I looked at it on my lunch break the effigies made me suspicious of the authenticity of the rest although I’d say most seem fine… any opinions on these? Not necessarily asking if all are fake but more opinions on these. I had heard all were fakes but reading this thread makes me wonder… also happened to see some very similar artifacts already posted. View attachment 2142524 View attachment 2142525 View attachment 2142526
Here’s previous posts
View attachment 2142527 View attachment 2142528
No offense but I would hesitate on any item in that frame just for the reason of the repops.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't buy any of them, fake, I don't see any patina on any of the effigies.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I wasn’t going to buy just got me thinking about the “thunder birds” I’m in the same camp, those made me suspicious of the whole thing, not that I think the points aren’t mostly real but if there’s a few fantasy pieces in there there may be more fakes. I also can’t see those 3 pieces being any kind of broke points they have to be intentionally made that way

guess I left out the whole frame… a few interesting ones maybe a Clovis or Folsom drill middle left, and a nice dove tail near 7 o’clock in the circle but for the most part forms that I don’t think someone would bother to fake.

IMG_9539.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread