proud dad

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Before you upload it you have to click on either view or edit and select "adjust" or "adjust size" and make it 500 X 500 in the blanks, then upload it. Hope that helps, I would like to see the drill!

OP
OP
T

taggerd

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
thanks hope this works

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 247
OP
OP
T

taggerd

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
cannon if i post some pics would you give me your opinions,and thanks for advice

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Sure- I'm sure others will too. I'll warn you though...not everybody likes my opinions! LOL. Have any more nice drills like that? Holy cow.... that is a beauty... can you imagine what that might have looked like when first made? (It appears as though it may have been made from a worn out blade... some kind of corner notch.. )

OP
OP
T

taggerd

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
okay i know two of the are heads but wanderin what the others are if anything dont laugh.one piece depending on how you turn seems to be a broken knife possibly.

Attachments

• 100_0303.jpg
    100_0303.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 239

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Okay, well the first one is definitely "something"... it's worked, no doubt about it. My guess would be a multi tool of sorts... could be a cast away, could have been used as a knife... may have been discarded during the knapping process, we may never know but it was/is something of native origin anyway. (and nice material at that)

OP
OP
T

taggerd

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
i only have 4 arrowheads here are two of them.

Attachments

• 100_0306.jpg
    100_0306.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 259

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
The second one, from what I can see of it anyway, appears to be natural. I might change my mind if I seen the other side... but more than likely not. Notice it does have concoidal fracture scars but they are HEAVILY worn, and have a rough bubble like texture not typical of most knapped artifacts, indicating great age... (from before the natives were here I would say) Now with all that being said I will also say that I have on RARE occasion seen artifacts that had spent a great deal of time in an active river system and had heavy wear on the fracture scars as well but the difference between those and this is just a judgement made from experience.

On the first two arrowheads, they look pretty nice- I don't know if there is much I can tell you about them because in terms of how they are attributed to a certain age... well that's kind of geographically related and I'm not overly familiar with texas points but my hunch is that they are at least in the right neighborhood in terms of age. Actually, now that I look at them again I would think that first one is actually a little older than that... but again.. I don't know Texas stuff that well.

P

pickaway

Nice finds, kids have all the luck last spring my 7yo son found a adena blade i popped out and overlooked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread